• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Looking for a mapper to create one small/medium-sized map

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Opening statement: I am in the process of working on a war server and it is a huge turnoff when I work with a map that is so shitty as mine. So, I would like to give another member here an opportunity to expand their resume by completing a map for me.

Decent description of the map: The map will be desert themed island with an active town (no abandoned/crumbled structures, no bordered walls) with no pharaoh appeal (no pyramids or mummy shit). There will also be a smaller abandoned town in the outskirts near some mountains. The mountains will have some connection with the abandoned town through an abandoned mining shaft. In between towns, there is a considerable size of open desert. Beneath the active town, there is a small sewage system for players to walk through (similar to Yalahar sewers), but stick to a desert-like theme somehow (dried up sewage or something). The streets are not too wide apart (check macedoon's example below) and there are not a lot of open areas (sure, have a little town square).

Rough outline of map:
IsUBhD3.png

Active town style is found and recommended:
Another very talented mapper, @macedoon, showed off his desert town mapping that contained a very appealing style that I want. Tight, narrow streets. Golden sandstone buildings mixed with white marble buildings. That marketplace looks really cool too. I love everything about it! Hats off to macedoon. I don't think macedoon would mind anyone taking inspiration from it. (Extra money is considerable if style is done exactly similar).

[Link to macedoon's pictures of desert town]

A real quick summary of everything up to this point:

• Desert-themed island
  • Active town
    • Style similar to macedoon's = A+
    • No abandoned structures
    • No crumbled structures
    • No bordered walls
    • Houses
      • Small sized houses
      • No mansions
    • Shops
      • Little market area (check macedoon's style)
    • No pharaoh appeal
      • No pyramids
      • No mummy shit
    • Small sewage system
      • Similar to Yalahar sewers, but stick to a desert-like theme
        • Dried up sewage or something
    • Streets are not too wide apart
      • Check macedoon's example above
    • There are not a lot of open areas (sure, have a little town square).
  • Smaller abandoned town
    • Located in the outskirts near some mountains
      • Mountains do not have to be big like in the outline, it was drawn to give an idea of what I meant by "near some mountains"
    • Mountains will have some connection with the abandoned town through an abandoned mining shaft
      • Don't make it too long and big
  • Between towns
    • Open desert
      • Similar to Ankrahmun's open desert because everyone seems to love it
  • There are absolutely no spawns
    • So, don't worry about monsters

Further tips and suggestions:
Let your imagination flow, if you trust your gut that your idea is better than mine in some areas, please do show me, I might like it, even if it's different from macedoon's.

Map should not be big, it is a war server, not an RPG. Active town should be much smaller than Darashia; abandoned town should no bigger than Northport.

Again, think like you're making a war server. Use clever traps and some tight spaces. Town crowded with buildings in density (not a lot of open areas). The open desert should be somewhat similar to Ankrahmun's open desert (everybody loves fighting there for some reason).

Okay, let's talk business.

• Payment method will be Paypal.
  • Payment will be made when two of the following conditions are met
    • I approve of it
    • Map is in my possession
  • Price will be decided upon negotiation and quality of map.
  • There is no deadline, so take your time. Although, it is a first-come, first-serve basis, if I approve of a map and buy it before you finished yours, I'm sorry, you were just a tad bit late.
  • If you make a map and I don't approve of it, I will do my very best to explain what I didn't like, but I am absolutely not responsible for any time lost in making the map when I don't buy it.
  • I am paying for a map to be completed and to be in my possession, so I am not entirely blocking you from releasing it for free, but it'd be more respectful if you kept it between you and I.
PS: Excuse my love for macedoon's map, I have already contacted him about it, but he is inactive, so I am taking my considerations to the Job board.

PM me or post here any question, comment, concerns you have.

Fuck, I'd love to help you out of nothing(for free), since you always help people around, but right now I have my hands full :/ but I WILL DO THIS
@Darklord You are already doing some desert, might as well do this, and get some profit.

I have no idea how the new otland forum works, how the hell can I sent you a pm LOL

p.s. I was on holiday

Back