• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Looking for a Network security/protection person

petardako

Reaction score
Hi Otland members,

We are looking for a person who knows about network security and advise us or work directly on the server to protect our OT from different types of attacks. Currently the OT is hosted on the service provided by @Don Daniello with 700 players. We are under constant DDos attacks and the protection provided by DDG reached his limit.

As I said before, if anyone its interested with this let me know,

Regards.

I suggest you get someone good really quick because you have just killed your DNS resolving by blocking all OUTGOING UDP.
Your SSH console is connecting slow and your paypal script stopped working? That's the sign of your "extra pro" protection right there.
There is a reason why our servers don't come with any IPTables rules...

I suggest you get someone good really quick because you have just killed your DNS resolving by blocking all OUTGOING UDP.
Your SSH console is connecting slow and your paypal script stopped working? That's the sign of your "extra pro" protection right there.
Wow i am wondering how much power they are using against him. o_O

Don Daniello say? omg when you just say ("I've solved your problem by adding new rules in the firewall") ... and in less than one hour a botnet attack again in the same way

Please Don Daniello ... dont make me laugh u r so funny

With or without iptables, your service will not win against these botnets. Seriously I've tried 2 ways

Your service has a limit of protection. If you want not accept please do not spam on a serious subject

Last edited:

For your information, i had like 3 differents servers in your hosting service in the past 3 months and all of them had the "SSL console connection slow". Your servers dont come with any IPTables rules, ok, thats your decision. But as you know, this hosting service is for OTS that has like 200-300 ppl not more. Because if you have some more players, the %CPU also will blow up and the OTS will receive a big DDos attacks and your "Firewall" doesnt endure those attacks because your protection reached his limit.

@Don Daniello , I dont want to take this review badly, I dont opened this post as a "Discussion" post. I just need a person who can help me with my situation and thats all. I really recommend your services to everyone, because you really make god job with this. But we 2 know that all that i said before its true... and you have to improve some things to optimize your hosting service.

I don't think @petardako will be needing a "network security person" anymore, we have been successfully mitigating all attacks with the help of CloudFlare for a week now.

Back