• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for advice New to Mapping (Tangies Showoff 12.61)

Tangie

Reaction score
Looking for advice on how i could do this massive roof i have part of it looking decent but the big part of the depot is gonna be a problem putting on a roof.

screenshot_2021-01-27-20-11-42.png

Also would advice on what floor i should use instead of this ugly ass marble flooring :p

screenshot_2021-01-27-20-18-45.png

Any help will be appreciate this will also be the start of my showoffs and progress of me mapping!

(Sorry dont know how to make the spoiler buttons)​

The pallet you use comes down to personal preference really, theres always going to be a better options but largley just use what ever colour schemes you feel looks good.

As for astetic building design its a big game of hit or miss, just play around with roofs untilt it looks good and after a while you will start to get a feel for different types of roofing astetics for different buildings.

Another tip that helped me in the early days was to download a bunch of free maps from the mapping section and just going through and see how alot of people do other work, sometimes its easier to learn from others then figuring it out yourself.

My last peice of advice is to go and watch the mapping compeition threads and see what they do, some of the best mappers in the community take part in those competitions so you can see what the best are doing and get a feel from that.

The pallet you use comes down to personal preference really, theres always going to be a better options but largley just use what ever colour schemes you feel looks good.

As for astetic building design its a big game of hit or miss, just play around with roofs untilt it looks good and after a while you will start to get a feel for different types of roofing astetics for different buildings.

Another tip that helped me in the early days was to download a bunch of free maps from the mapping section and just going through and see how alot of people do other work, sometimes its easier to learn from others then figuring it out yourself.

My last peice of advice is to go and watch the mapping compeition threads and see what they do, some of the best mappers in the community take part in those competitions so you can see what the best are doing and get a feel from that.
Thank you for the great tips! I scroll through alot of mapping stuff here and there and seen alot of great inspirations.

Update walls.xml
Update borders.xml
Install mods

borders-png.54074

Back