• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Looking for C++ programmer for team

Night Wolf

I don't bite.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Dear reader,

My name is Anderson and even though no one in this forum know me I believe I can say I've been one of the greatest contributors in script content for Tibia, mostly because I've been sharing systems ever since we used .txt databases in our servers but never cared for credits nor anything else besides helping the community.
Most people know me for xWhiteWolf from the BR forums and I'm responsible for the idea of many systems throughout our community. I've been developing for open tibia for at least 12 years now and ever since I joined my university I started coding and improving my coding skills through the years (you can check my development in the about me section of my profile on Tibia King).

Today I'm currently working at Nestlé, and I believe what made the difference between being accepted there was because I've showed some of the things I've done for my private server, called Empire, and because of that, I feel like I have to finish this server and have some sense of closure on this.

We had a brilliant programmer, so brilliant he went to silicon valley to work at Facebook, and we are with his position open now. The game has been carefully been developed over the past 4 years and each person on this team was choose because they were the best on what they do.

Enough with the chit chat, we are looking someone with the following skills:
  • Strong knowledge on C++
  • Deep knowledge on algorithms and data structures (complexity analysis is expected but not mandatory)
  • Focused
  • Interested in learning
What will be a plus:
  • IA/Machine Learning Knowledge
  • Knowledge on changing versions of Tibia

What we can offer: Despite we've been working on the server for several years, we offer you an equal share of every profit we make, divided equally by every member of the team (we are 4 at this point). The server is almost ready, we just need to convert our version and fix some issues. Also we are still using TFS 1.1 and it would be nice to upgrade it to 1.3 or higher. After this we will begin to work on many systems together (me and you) and that's why I need someone who is willing to learn the good ways of a true Jedi master: methodologies, architectures, algorithms and everything else. I'm basically asking for someone to support me in my hobby and have free lessons in the meantime. If it works, great, 20% of everything is yours. I don't have any rush on opening the server and I'm hoping this will be our masterpiece.

About: The server is called Empire and was one of the greatest servers ever in the 7.4~7.92 era. We have updated several things of it to 10.76 server and changed many things while keeping the old formulas (believe me, when we started doing this we were the pioneers but ever since I inspired CaterOt many others followed this formula). It's a custom map with many RPG custom content and our primary goal is to depict a different reality from the global, like two split dimensions of the same timeline.
I have made the entire server following the concepts of human-computer interactions and as a student of psychology myself I did many analysis of the behavior of our players. I truly believe this has potential to become a great server, we are only in need of someone to work with the source.

Interested in joining us? Leave a comment below.
Want to test the server? Check what we have achieved so far before saying anything? Sure, let's schedule a session.

Thanks for the attention.
/NW

hello
do you have discord ?

Hello gunz,

I'm currently at work but I'll leave you a pm with my discord profile when I get home.

Thanks in advance,
/NW

Back