• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Looking for help making my OT public! :D

luddex

Reaction score
So I have everything good to go!.... except I cannot figure out how to make my OT public or my webpage (Thanks @Znote for all the configs) I have tried following tutorials and have not had any luck.

I can log in to my OT from my host AND from any machine connected to my network.
I can connect to my webpage on my host AND from any machine connected to my network.

When I try to set my IPs to my global, however, I cannot log in to the OT nor open the webpage :/

So I have everything good to go!.... except I cannot figure out how to make my OT public or my webpage (Thanks @Znote for all the configs) I have tried following tutorials and have not had any luck.

I can log in to my OT from my host AND from any machine connected to my network.
I can connect to my webpage on my host AND from any machine connected to my network.

When I try to set my IPs to my global, however, I cannot log in to the OT nor open the webpage :/
did you set the ip to your ip or the hosts's ip

Try using your phone and connecting to ur website if you want to test from a different network (no wifi)

Or go to whatismyip.com and set that in your config.lua , restart and make sure ports 7171-7172 are open (also make sure router/host firewalls are disabled or bypass). Should be able to connect through your public ip (whatismyip.com)

Firstly, make sure it's not your firewall blocking the connection. Secondly, are you sure it's the right IP? Same as obtained from here: www.whatsmyip.org?

If all is good, perhaps you need to open the ports in your router.

Thanks for the replys! As soon as I am back to my host I will try everything out.

Firstly, make sure it's not your firewall blocking the connection. Secondly, are you sure it's the right IP? Same as obtained from here: www.whatsmyip.org?

If all is good, perhaps you need to open the ports in your router
I don't have any firewall connection up on my host as of yet, I know it is the correct IP as I used many sites to double check and made sure I had none of my VPNs on at any point.
I also have all needed ports open.. This is why I am so confused as to why it isn't working :/

Try using your phone and connecting to ur website if you want to test from a different network (no wifi)

Or go to whatismyip.com and set that in your config.lua , restart and make sure ports 7171-7172 are open (also make sure router/host firewalls are disabled or bypass). Should be able to connect through your public ip (whatismyip.com)

I cannot connect to my website just yet as I am running it off of my IP. I do not have a domain yet. Could that be an issue?

did you set the ip to your ip or the hosts's ip

I have it set to my host global IP with no VPN running, no firewall either.
I think I will have to see if it is my router blocking something as I have pretty high security on it due to people trying to get in to my settings

Back