• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for Help Setting up a Dedicated host

imkingran

Learning everyday.
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

As the title says, I need some help from someone who is experienced in Linux and is familiar with which companies are great for hosting OTs at a moderate price.

What I really need is for someone to set up the server for me (install all the necessary things to run an OT) and it should be able to work with Gesior 2012 for TFS 1.0. (I say this because another Tutorial I followed did not work with Gesior)

Thanks for your time,
imkingran

You can use my tutorial for setting it up and use any other tutorial for setting up Gesior on linux. If you want you can contact me and I will do it for you or guide you through it so that you can learn.

I really suggest that you use Don Daniellos thingy, it's super easy to configure and runs super smooth, PM me if you need help

He was using DDG but was having several mass kicks daily so he was looking for something different.

Your is dead and hard to understand...

Hi,

Actually I did use @dominique120 system before on a debian 7 server from server4you.com, it was mainly to practice and try to learn and see if I would be able to do it. His tutorial was great and if ever I was in doubt I sent him a PM and he always guided me where I was lost. I ran into issues when trying to get Gesior to work on that server. Mainly it was my own lack of knowledge in Linux that lead me to take a break. Now I'm ready to try again but with a little more hands on assisstance.

@Hooloovoo
It was my plan to use Don Daniello's system with a different hosting company since I'm already using it now and it's a very user-friendly system that is easy to understand. My main struggle is that when I was searching for Ubuntu 13.xx+ Servers at different companies, during the order process they ask a lot of questions about what "specs" do you want on the server what "addons", RAID/RAID1/etc., all of which made me very confused since I knew nothing about them. I was hoping someone might be able to help me purchase the correct server.

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance!

Best Regards,
imkingran

Hi,

Actually I did use @dominique120 system before on a debian 7 server from server4you.com, it was mainly to practice and try to learn and see if I would be able to do it. His tutorial was great and if ever I was in doubt I sent him a PM and he always guided me where I was lost. I ran into issues when trying to get Gesior to work on that server. Mainly it was my own lack of knowledge in Linux that lead me to take a break. Now I'm ready to try again but with a little more hands on assisstance.

@Hooloovoo
It was my plan to use Don Daniello's system with a different hosting company since I'm already using it now and it's a very user-friendly system that is easy to understand. My main struggle is that when I was searching for Ubuntu 13.xx+ Servers at different companies, during the order process they ask a lot of questions about what "specs" do you want on the server what "addons", RAID/RAID1/etc., all of which made me very confused since I knew nothing about them. I was hoping someone might be able to help me purchase the correct server.

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance!

Best Regards,
imkingran

Feel free to PM me anytime and I'll answer your questions. You're not the only one that has trouble selecting a host. I might make a little guide or something explaining some features and things that hosting companies offer.

Feel free to PM me anytime and I'll answer your questions. You're not the only one that has trouble selecting a host. I might make a little guide or something explaining some features and things that hosting companies offer.

That server guide sounds like a wonderful idea! I will send you a message on skype tomorrow!

Thanks

If your still new to Linux I highly recommend https://www.digitalocean.com/ as host.
I am using that on znote.eu right now.

They provide cheap server, instant access, and pay by hour. So you can easily screw things up and reinstall the OS as many times as it takes without any additional cost.
You can easily follow @dominique120 tutorial or install Don Daniello's system there as well.
Hosting their 8GB RAM server will cost you about 1USD for 10 hours of hosting, giving you plenty of time to test stuff out. :p
I have been able to squeeze through over 400Mbps there as well, so your connected to a decent Gbit network port.

Use promo code: 'lastjune' to get 10usd. You can host their 8GB RAM package for 5 days for free basically to test the water.
Youtube Source

Back