• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for help to setup a server

Start looking around on tutorials on how to set up a server.
In here there is a few, i would recommend the one Znote has made always worked for me anyway.
There are also TONS of free scripts that can be added to your server!
try learn how the very BASIC's of lua works so you can add or delete parts of scripts so that you can edit it to fit your server.
There are also maps ready for download, or you can make your own with RME.

just search the forums and you will most likely find an anwser for most of your questions.

"Without any knowledge you have no chances to start or even host the server"
start small.. make a learning project, like a YurOTs server or a simple Evo server just to get going!

ahh no im not im most of worded it wrong im looking for someone to help me out with getting the basic down like walking me throw everything im doing all the work
Post automatically merged:

right now i cant get forgotten to open it start then disappears

i dont understand why everyone has to be mean

Last edited by a moderator:
i just dont understand why you did a post like this, we have tons of tutorials teaching how to put a server online and everything else

i sound stupid imma just go

because i suck at reading and there no videos on how to do anything and there is one but its like so outdated but imma deleted this an go find some somewhere else done dealing with people that dont give a crap

i sound stupid imma just go

because i suck at reading and there no videos on how to do anything and there is one but its like so outdated but imma deleted this an go find some somewhere else done dealing with people that dont give a crap
Insted of trying to find a partner directly do as I did, am in same position as u, I don’t know shit about coding or anything that could be in good use, only some basics but i did lots of reading, there are lots of good tutorial , not only videos tho but lots of text, if u really want to start an OTS u gotta take the time to read up on many things to learn some basics to be able to know what you can manage alone and what you need help with, if u can’t do anything ur self then there is no point to start a serv in the first place.
I think many are being mean because they know that u can’t just buy ur way to the finish line :p

nah im not lazy when i do it i get stuck and cant find how to fix it to move on

Fatal error: Declaration of Database::query($statement) must be compatible with PDO::query(string $query, ?int $fetchMode = null, mixed ...$fetchModeArgs) in C:\Users\austin\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\classes\database.php on line 194

this is what im getting

when i look that up it says public function query($statement)

Fatal error: Declaration of Database::query($statement) must be compatible with PDO::query(string $query, ?int $fetchMode = null, mixed ...$fetchModeArgs) in C:\Users\austin\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\classes\database.php on line 194

this is what im getting
Try to set a server up using the OTS Guide first then when that's running you can either keep it and modify it or move to other servers since now you know how to set one up.

ahh no im not im most of worded it wrong im looking for someone to help me out with getting the basic down like walking me throw everything im doing all the work

right now i cant get forgotten to open it start then disappears
Add me on Discord at: Joriku#2078
I'll watch while doing my own, so If you run into an Issue. I'll try to explain it for you
Don't get me wrong, I am not up for partnership, just lending you an helping hand

I would say I am surprised, but I'm actually not.
Although, seeing members that have been with us for a very long time, breaking the forum rules -- is indeed very disappointing.

I'm going to clear this thread up.
Keep it precisely on-topic from now on, please.

Back