• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Looking for help with improving condition formula

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
As you may know, poison condition formula is damage decreasing over time, but in OT servers the amount of turns with certain damage numbers is very inaccurate.

I've tried several conditions (wyvern, poison field, scorpion) and the number of ticks for each step is always the same (regardless of starting value).

Not counting the initial tick, you always get hit:
  • 20 times for 1 hp
  • 10 times for 2 hp
  • 6 times for 3 hp
  • 5 times for 4 hp
  • 4 times for 5 hp
  • 3 times for 6 hp
  • 3 times for 7 hp
  • 2 times for 8 hp

but at this point formula breaks exposing some other underlying part:
  • 3 times for 9 hp
  • 2 times for 10 hp
  • 1 time for 11 hp
  • 2 times for 12 hp
  • 1 time for 13 hp
  • 2 times for 14 hp
  • 1 time for 15-18 hp
  • 2 times for 19 hp
  • 1 time for 20 hp
  • 0 times for 21 hp
  • 1(?) time for 22 hp

This got me thinking that:
  • the first part of formula is something like 20/x
  • the second part of the formula is some sort of sinusoid
  • the third part of the formula might be something to correct the curve, perhaps some logarithm or square/cubic root?

The closest I got was 20 / x + sin(50sqrt(x)) - sqrt(x)/10 (with rounding down assumed)

1639023673492.png

blue points are expected values
g_x are values rounded from the curve

Does anyone recognize the curve or know how to correct it?

Last edited:
I don't know how it is exactly in Tibia RL because I hardly play it, but I thought it was something simpler, to be simple conditions of prolonged damage XD

nvm, figured that out
it's something like turns of x damage = (20/x) * (1+sin(pi * x)), but there are still weird rounding errors so there's probably one more value to it

Last edited:
I've been looking at Devovorga's final form poison via it's melee which is higher than 100 DMG per tick and using math I came to conclusion that poison dmg decreases by 5% every tick. So at 100 dmg next one will be 95, 90, 86, 81, 77 etc.
That's a very valuable information, though I wasn't able to get identical amount of turns from it. There's something weird with rounding.

Back