• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Looking for OTClient + TFS 1.4 programmer (Paying you to tutor me)

captcarl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am coming up with a pet project that I've been losing sleep over and I'm needing someone who is proficient in making various scripts and source edits for TFS 1.4 (I compile in VS on Windows) and is also proficient in customizing + compiling OTClient (current latest Mehah version). Since I don't have an active server, I don't have any of the details that the thread rules are dictating.. regardless, if at all possible, please don't delete this post.

My goal is to learn enough so that I can create and manage my own heavily customized server (not looking to create/compile outside of OTClient/TFS). To note, I'm proficient in BASH/Powershell scripting and how most of this is put together, but I'm pretty lost when it comes to the deeper details (example: I understand how to edit source code and re-compile for both TFS + OTClient, however, I don't always know what functions/methods should be used nor do I know the correct syntax)

Payment amount is difficult to pin down as this will depend on these:
  • Level of expertise and depth of knowledge with OTClient
  • Level of expertise and depth of knowledge with TFS 1.4 (1.3 may also be acceptable as many pieces are similar)
  • Number of solutions provided here at otland.net
  • Availability for engagement (I'm currently on parental leave, so I'm normally free nearly all day/evening till the end of this month) (time zone CST)

My expectation from you:
  • 2 to 4 days a week having 1 / 2 / 3 hour long sessions over discord (this is pretty dynamic and can change)
  • Be able to speak clear English
  • Provide sample working code for each needed objective (only as a "needed basis")
  • Discuss through deep technical workings of the source code and API (I'm looking to get as much understanding here)

Should you be interested, please feel free to reply to this thread or PM me. I'd like to establish the majority of details here on OTLand, then once we've got an agreement, we can proceed through discord/email.

im not agliable currently for helping you as full time job, althroug would be fun, but still can answear all the questions you have in free time - just 4 fun, dc in signature

I can teach you how to quickly/easily find the parameters of any function (lua or C++) yourself for $20.
The lesson includes how to install and run a simple Linux console from Windows (easy with Windows 10, no VM required), learn a few basic Linux commands, and how to find function parameters with a command, we can also write it into a shell script so you don't have to memorize the command, this same method works for any other project as well, Tibia related or not, so it's good to know.
There's an alternative method without using Linux too, but it's pretty annoying, and the earlier you learn to use Linux the better, you can still compile on Windows if you prefer, but it's good to kinda know both.
It's also easy to generate a full list of Lua / C++ functions this way that you can experiment and learn with.

I'm not sure whether my English/voice is clear or not, I would also have to use a voicechanger, but we can try, otherwise I prefer text (or teamviewer if you prefer).
Crypto payment and half or full prepayment preferred, but if you only have paypal I'll look into it.

I'm not sure whether my English/voice is clear or not, I would also have to use a voicechanger, but we can try, otherwise I prefer text (or teamviewer if you prefer).
Crypto payment and half or full prepayment preferred, but if you only have paypal I'll look into it.

Why does this feel full satire? :D

I appreciate what you are offering, but this only partial of what I'm looking for. My current hurdle is working with OPcode and OTC customization. Finding the necessary functions can help, but since I'm a bit weak on the programming side, I would need examples of the objective to learn myself.

I appreciate what you are offering, but this only partial of what I'm looking for. My current hurdle is working with OPcode and OTC customization. Finding the necessary functions can help, but since I'm a bit weak on the programming side, I would need examples of the objective to learn myself.
Did you even try to look for tutorials?
You want to work with OPCodes? Don't. Use ExtendedOpcodes instead, it will be faster to work with and easier to maintain.

Did you even try to look for tutorials?
You want to work with OPCodes? Don't. Use ExtendedOpcodes instead, it will be faster to work with and easier to maintain.
To your point, I haven't put a lot of effort into finding tutorials for OTC customization (and I also was intending to mean ExtendedOPcodes, so I'm with ya there). The reason why I'm looking to pay for some help is because the way I learn is by doing and guided experimentation. So for me to best understand how something works is to have someone drum up a small example of what I'm looking for, then I'll expound or alter the example to match what I'm trying to do.

The link you shared doesn't really help me understand how to do the numerous things I'm wanting, and the numerous things I'm wanting would be too much to ask as a simple request... hence why I'm looking to pay for help.

I appreciate your input, it looks like you really know your stuff.

I'm not really looking for jobs and I never VC, the point of using voicechanger is to protect my anonymity because I generally appreciate being anonymous and also because I've been an outspoken developer in this community on subjects that you're not really allowed to be outspoken about like corruption, which is why I said I prefer text, I was just trying to be polite since you asked for VC even though it's completely unnecessary for basically anyone that knows how to read.
It was just a (cheap) offer to solve your main issue, namely not knowing how to look up function signatures. If you ask me the real parody is posting job posts with a couple of days old account with 10 posts, I just try not to be a prick and assume the worst about people most of the time, something I think you could learn something from (I'll meet you half way and admit I probably shouldn't make offers to 3 days old accounts though who admit they basically know nothing about programming, in fact I probably shouldn't make offers to pretty much anyone in this forum, I just like helping out, but I should probably stop doing so, thanks for the lesson).
And yeah, I can customize OTC, if you clicked on any of the links in my signature instead of making illiterate assumptions you would learn this real quick as I've made a 1:1 copy of the 7.72 oldschool cip client using OTC + heavy WBC encryption, audio and builtin cam recorder/player on my own, anyways, I withdraw my offer, best of luck on this account or on your next alt account when this one stops getting responses or offers.

Btw, there is no objective in programming, it's an art, you make whatever you want with it just like with any other art or craftmanship... that is unless you just copy whatever everyone else does because you have no original ideas or concepts of your own.

Last edited:
Btw, there is no objective in programming, it's an art, you make whatever you want with it just like with any other art or craftmanship... that is unless you just copy whatever everyone else does because you have no original ideas or concepts of your own.

This was so deep. And I totally agree with this.
Post automatically merged:

This was so deep. And I totally agree with this.

Back