• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer looking for someone who can create anti-bot client

I heard Cipsoft is looking for someone that can do that too. All game companies are, as a matter of fact.

Jokes aside I would go for punishing botters automatically instead of trying to prevent them from existing.
@Sir Knighter probably refers to OTClient, which has had some work done when it comes to botting, as seen here: https://otland.net/threads/otclient-candybot.181726/#post-1760061

The easier way to deal with this is a couple clever tricks to try to differentiate a player from a bot. If the system has enough certainty, it can produce a log of what behaviour caused it to believe the character is botting and ban it. The log is important so that a player can defend himself. The administrator can manually check the log and see if it makes sense or it was a false positive.
Good luck with it though.

I heard Cipsoft is looking for someone that can do that too. All game companies are, as a matter of fact.

Jokes aside I would go for punishing botters automatically instead of trying to prevent them from existing.
@Sir Knighter probably refers to OTClient, which has had some work done when it comes to botting, as seen here: https://otland.net/threads/otclient-candybot.181726/#post-1760061

The easier way to deal with this is a couple clever tricks to try to differentiate a player from a bot. If the system has enough certainty, it can produce a log of what behaviour caused it to believe the character is botting and ban it. The log is important so that a player can defend himself. The administrator can manually check the log and see if it makes sense or it was a false positive.
Good luck with it though.
Well you can have a client with less people botting too. There is always someone that manages to get a bot working even if you've put in a ton of work to make it as hard as possible.
However the majority won't cause they test the bot they got and if it doesn't work they won't.
While the ones that do put in the effort to manage should be punished manually.
What I am trying to say is having a client that is effective against most common bots right now isn't bad :)

Well you can have a client with less people botting too. There is always someone that manages to get a bot working even if you've put in a ton of work to make it as hard as possible.
However the majority won't cause they test the bot they got and if it doesn't work they won't.
While the ones that do put in the effort to manage should be punished manually.
What I am trying to say is having a client that is effective against most common bots right now isn't bad :)
True, it is all about minimizing bot use, eradicating is just not doable.

change Xtea key by XOR key it's a good way to fight against bots

Back