• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for tfs 1.1 GlobalEvents

FLE

Reaction score
Hey Pro scripters,
I am looking for some cool globalevents in which players compete for rewards!

Does anybody have some too share? or is somebody up for the challenge of creating one?

Take a look at this "imaginative" thread I created and maybe it will inspire you too make the next great global event!

~ HERES SOME IDEAS ~

Capture the flag:
How it should work ~
players join a waiting area until x amount of players are there, now a countdown starts saying event will close, players are divided into 2 teams at random. the goal is too enter your enemies fortress and steal their "flag" and bring it back too your fortress. Meanwhile your enemy has the same objective and is trying too steal your flag!
if player dies with flag the flag is dropped where he died and available for pickup by your team,
this flag is not a physical item it is an animation u acquire after running over the sqm where it was dropped or where it spawns. and only the opposing team can grab ur flag.

Example for conversion~
https://otland.net/threads/capture-the-flag-d.83604/

Zombies:
How it should work ~
players are teleported into an arena, when the event closes Zombies begin too spawn at different slowly increasing intervals, when a zombie touches a player (atk or touch w.e) the player is teleported too there hometown or x,y,z. The goal is too survive the zombie apocalypse and be the last man standing by luring zombies onto fellow competitors, and trying too block there escape!

A Race:
How it should work ~
Players who joined event are in a waiting room. when the event closes and is about too begin, players are teleported too a new location with something blockthing there movement! Once the event begins a countdown happens 5,4,3,2,1! GO! at this time (x item) that was blocking players is removed at this time, and the race is on! The goal is too reach the finish line before the other contestants! This Event does not end until the player who comes 2nd is determined, they will get a lesser reward.

Example for conversion~
https://otland.net/threads/race-event.192239/

Team deathmatch:
How it should work ~
Players who joined event are divided into 2 teams(random selection), Players are teleported into a battle arena..The event runs for 10 minutes, each players kills count towards his/hers teams score, the score can be broadcasted to players inside the event every 2 minutes? or x amount of kills?
The team with most kills at 10 minutes time Wins the reward which is automatically added too there backpacks.

BomberMan:
How it should work~
players are teleported into an arena and drop bombs to kill eachother until there is only 1 man left! winner takes reward!
example for conversion~
https://otland.net/threads/bomberman.73864/

(my personal favourites)

The Hole Game:
How it should work ~
All players who joined the event are teleported to a dungeon with 100 holes,
most of these holes will lead too nothing, a teleport under the hole that brings u back to the start of the dungeon,
Players keep falling into holes until finally one lucky son of a bitch falls in the right hole and finds a chest, which he/she must click too end the event broadcasting there name and giving them the reward.
The teleport destination of this events starting location(map) must be configurable too have 3-4 random Hole dungeons, so players dont know exactly where too go each time the event happens!

Fishing contest:
How it should work~
Players are teleported too an island, the goal o this event is too catch the most fish the fastest!
the amount of fish each player catches is kept score off, first player too reach x amount of fish wins.
Only fish caught inside the event will count towards a win.
Fishing rod/worms is supplied in the event either chest or auto add to bp at start.

Last edited:
Its not that simple...
It has too tele you to 1 of 3 maps...
it needs too have triggers...
like when x amount of players join start event tp players to hole dungeon
when y players click chest end event
give reward etc

Im just bad at this stuff, maybe it is simple >_<

I'm the guy who has too edit a script like 200x too get it too work haha

Well, the good thing is:
starting the event -> creating a tp -> waiting area -> tping to event -> *event* -> end event -> tp back
All of those will serve you for very event you'd like to make.
Starting the event requires a global storage. Set EVENT_ON to 1
Creating the teleport either gives a storage or just tps to event area.
Waiting area is just mapping..
Tping to event is just teleporting every player in that waiting area or teleporting every player with a certain storage. This one I'm sure you can find it in OTLAND!!
Then the event (the hole event is just a simple stepIn script with randomness (1 in X chances to get to the chest))
step in hole -> either tp back or tp to a chest.
Using the chest finishes the event, which triggers the end (setting the global storage off) and teleporting the players in the event area back to temple.

Once you get that basis, then yes some events are gonna take some more time (like CTF) but others won't.
Thing is you'll have a general form for every event you'll ever need. Good luck!!

Well, the good thing is:
starting the event -> creating a tp -> waiting area -> tping to event -> *event* -> end event -> tp back
All of those will serve you for very event you'd like to make.
Starting the event requires a global storage. Set EVENT_ON to 1
Creating the teleport either gives a storage or just tps to event area.
Waiting area is just mapping..
Tping to event is just teleporting every player in that waiting area or teleporting every player with a certain storage. This one I'm sure you can find it in OTLAND!!
Then the event (the hole event is just a simple stepIn script with randomness (1 in X chances to get to the chest))
step in hole -> either tp back or tp to a chest.
Using the chest finishes the event, which triggers the end (setting the global storage off) and teleporting the players in the event area back to temple.

Once you get that basis, then yes some events are gonna take some more time (like CTF) but others won't.
Thing is you'll have a general form for every event you'll ever need. Good luck!!

Thanks bro, you have inspired me too try and make this event .. you broke it down and it doesn't seem impossible to me anymore. :D

Thanks bro, you have inspired me too try and make this event .. you broke it down and it doesn't seem impossible to me anymore. :D

Well planning before coding is what should be done. Hell get a pen and a paper and start writing things down, code with words, use logic!! Don't just open notepad and start coding right away. This and planning is what makes everything easier.

Back