• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Looking to do some light work

Adraxium

Reaction score
Looking to do some mapping
If you want to check out my work in game please join my war server http://usa.otservlist.org/ots/1586495 to check my work first hand

Price:
They vary on what your looking prices can rang anywhere from $5-?

Here are a few example of my works

Picture 1:Little swamp I made, the waterfall is a two tier waterfall
Picture 2: Little dungeon I made beneath the castle
Picture 3: Starting area I created for a class
05s2Vsj.jpg

cT5LJqr.png
MnDPc4T.png

Last edited:
Page doesn't work.

I recommend you post screenshots of your work, as me or others might be interested if you put more work into your application :) (assuming this is for paid work)

Page doesn't work.

I recommend you post screenshots of your work, as me or others might be interested if you put more work into your application :) (assuming this is for paid work)
Will do mate just updated my post. I don't have a website just yet. If you have some free time check out the ot to see my work. I'll try and post some pictures when I get home from work.

Here are some of my work
ZHcgLqe.jpg

Last edited:
Do you honestly think there's anyone on otland that would pay for your maps? You need to learn how to construct better maps before you start charging for the services.

Yeah you should probably improve a little bit and you can probably find some "work" A lot faster :)

Do you honestly think there's anyone on otland that would pay for your maps? You need to learn how to construct better maps before you start charging for the services.
Thanks for your honest opinion mate. I'm working on my mapping skills everyday getting better and better. There are people out there that actually like my work and want to work with me to create maps for them.

Thanks for your honest opinion mate. I'm working on my mapping skills everyday getting better and better. There are people out there that actually like my work and want to work with me to create maps for them.
I highly doubt anyone has paid you for your services. I understand you might have helped some new startup servers out a little bit but that doesn't mean you're in a position to charge people for your work. You still need a lot of practice.

I highly doubt anyone has paid you for your services. I understand you might have helped some new startup servers out a little bit but that doesn't mean you're in a position to charge people for your work. You still need a lot of practice.
Hey mate.
I'm not forcing you take my services ,I'm not best mapper out there but I'm definitely not the worst. I don't see a need to bash my work when I actually but effort into this. If you don't like my work man I get it I can't please all. I already have people interested in my work I have no need to lie about it. So if you kindly stop bashing me and maybe send me a message on some tips on how to improve my work that's be great always looking to improve.

Open for business guys :)

If you are using remeres map editor you should press "Q" When you zoom out. it doesnt shade the other layers.

It's honestly people like you that have fully destroyed this community. I offered free services for scripting in the past and immediately stopped because some asshole decided to say your not good enough.
In my scenario the guy didn't see any of my work and decided to shit on me simply cause of my post count. I decided to take my offer for free services back because if thats the type of people I'd voluntarily be helping, then fuck that.

The guy is doing well, he has posted several things recently, participating in the community and clearly improving from every picture he has posted. Instead of being a total asshole since you didn't like his work, try offering constructive criticism.

If you despise what he has to offer, offer him advice on what to do to improve his abilities. Even his responses to your dicky posts were friendly, he'd clearly be open for any help...

Adraxium, you're doing a good job keep up the work. Don't let people who are full of themselves discourage you from doing what you love. Keep practicing, offer some free work to people, nothing crazy just a few spawns or small towns and start to develop a reputation a bit. People would be more likely to invest in you when they see you have satisfied customers!

It's honestly people like you that have fully destroyed this community. I offered free services for scripting in the past and immediately stopped because some asshole decided to say your not good enough.
In my scenario the guy didn't see any of my work and decided to shit on me simply cause of my post count. I decided to take my offer for free services back because if thats the type of people I'd voluntarily be helping, then fuck that.

The guy is doing well, he has posted several things recently, participating in the community and clearly improving from every picture he has posted. Instead of being a total asshole since you didn't like his work, try offering constructive criticism.

If you despise what he has to offer, offer him advice on what to do to improve his abilities. Even his responses to your dicky posts were friendly, he'd clearly be open for any help...

Adraxium, you're doing a good job keep up the work. Don't let people who are full of themselves discourage you from doing what you love. Keep practicing, offer some free work to people, nothing crazy just a few spawns or small towns and start to develop a reputation a bit. People would be more likely to invest in you when they see you have satisfied customers!
Thank you very much scripts. That's means a lot. I'm not going to let this guy bring me down. I'm going to keep.mapping and getting better!

If you are using remeres map editor you should press "Q" When you zoom out. it doesnt shade the other layers.

Thank you mate ! I'm give that a shot when I get home from work.

You realize that my post was in regards to him charging people money for his work don't you? Therefore your life story is irrelevant and pointless.

I didn't shit on this guy, I simply said he needs a lot of practice till his maps are worth paying for. You want tips, go to the mapping show off area. Plenty of tips and advice there. See but I could've said his maps are terrible. I could've said nothing on his maps is creative or well detailed and looks like my mapping when I was 13. But I didn't, till now of course.

And again I highly doubt anyone is interested in paying you for your maps.

I must say I have to agree with Owned, although he said it a bit rough..

Adraxium, you are obviously still a new mapper. I'm not quite sure why you spend a couple hours on something, and then expect a payment. You're going to need to invest some serious time before you can get paid for this.
It's like expecting to get paid for LUA scripts, even though you are only capable of doing 10 line scripts with basic functions.

You should be happy if someone decides to use your maps on a populated server, and thus get feedback that way.

You realize that my post was in regards to him charging people money for his work don't you? Therefore your life story is irrelevant and pointless.

I didn't shit on this guy, I simply said he needs a lot of practice till his maps are worth paying for. You want tips, go to the mapping show off area. Plenty of tips and advice there. See but I could've said his maps are terrible. I could've said nothing on his maps is creative or well detailed and looks like my mapping when I was 13. But I didn't, till now of course.

And again I highly doubt anyone is interested in paying you for your maps.
My life story was not the point lol
If you genuinely think you are a friendly person trying to help out the community and make it a better place then you truly are a retard.

Why bother putting your two cents in if your gonna be a total dick. That was the point of my post.
But after reading your newer post I understand now. You feel that you're better than everyone and need to put the newer mappers down so you have less competition. Gotcha. Which of course brings us back to my original point, people like you have destroyed the community. Thanks for being an asshole.

*Edit*
@seba2632
I'm not saying that he should try charging, I'm saying that the way Owned phrased it was harsh and totally uncalled for. Instead of shitting on someone, say it in a far more friendly way. Something along the lines of "You're definitely improving from your other posts, but I think you still have a little way to go till you should start charging people"

The way he phrased it is highly discouraging and does not motivate anyone to actually work harder. Hes literally just weeding people out of the community.

Back