• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking to hire someone to create a server.

DaMaoKaiz

Reaction score
Looking to have an OT server made, using a real Tibia map, with quests, NPCs, etc. I am looking to simply play out Tibia in a single-player setting.

I am able to host a server using Uniserver (currently knowledgable about 13_3_2_ZeroXIII) and have basic knowledge of using ZnoteACC to make characters, etc. But am not knowledgeable enough to compile, nor set up the ZnoteACC website for ease of use with buying houses, editing characters, etc.

Please let me know via DM here. or on Discord at maoking and we can work out the best options.

Thanks.

I'm same with you bro, what i can advice to you, better operate everything in ubuntu/linux. I'm still working on project. As a windows user for years. I prefer linux from now.

You do not need a dedicated server, web server or an AAC if you are going to play solo since you can just connect locally through 127.0.0.1/localhost. All you need is an SQL service application, a way to manage/edit databases, a distro and a customized client that lets you connect to your OT server.

You can add an account and characters manually in the database using HeidiSQL for example.

Since it will also not be a production server you do not have to fiddle with Linux if you are not already familiar with it and/or are already using it, sticking with Windows is fine.

When it comes to your SQL service, you can just restrict it to only allow traffic through 127.0.0.1, thus securing it from potential outside intrusion.
You do not need to run the Apache service at all, since you do not need a web server.

I know your issue has been resolved, but I thought I would post this here anyway, it might prove to be useful information for someone else that finds this thread through search.

Back