• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Loosing SQL Connection

diogo

Reaction score
Sometimes TFS is Loosing the local SQL Connection, is it possible to make the server keep the sql connection live? or if it loses the sql connection it will reconnect?

help =\

I'm using revision 906 trunk, after some time the server looses mysql connection and then no char is saved, nobody can login etc...

edit
also im using xampp

Last edited:
The same happens to me. I use the latest revision of Trunk, and sometimes the server looses the SQL Connection (it doesn't send a message saying that the sql connection was lost), and nobody is saved anymore, even if I save using console or TFS Admin, so, if someone dies or log out, he/she won't be able to log in again.

Maybe a developer could improve SQL Connection code, or add an automatic reconnection.

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

The same happens to me. I use the latest revision of Trunk, and sometimes the server looses the SQL Connection (it doesn't send a message saying that the sql connection was lost), and nobody is saved anymore, even if I save using console or TFS Admin, so, if someone dies or log out, he/she won't be able to log in again.

Maybe a developer could improve SQL Connection code, or add an automatic reconnection.

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

whenever that happen you just gotta restart xampp. And you'll get the conection back. Till I am looking for a solution to it. Cuz I also have the same problem but mine lost the houses not player. Change pots it will fix the stuff about the players. But not the houses.

My players lost their houses when it happens too, and all items. That's sux. I had to warn all my players to NOT buy houses until this problem get fixed.

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

My players lost their houses when it happens too, and all items. That's sux. I had to warn all my players to NOT buy houses until this problem get fixed.

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

What sucks is that you ignore us when we tell you to use tags/0.2 for serious use and trunk for testing purposes. The trunk is still in pre-alpha stage.

If it still happens with 0.2 I believe something is wrong with your MySQL settings.

EDIT:
Read this: http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=7722

Talaturen - I don't want to be offensive but Rafael Hamdan is not a noob and he is not ignoring staff's decisions. I want to defend him. He just report bugs in 0.3. That way you are able to fix them faster cause you don't have to look for them.

I know that you are tired because of noobs complaining that trunk isn't stable but I belive that Rafael knows it and wants to support TFS Team.

I'd like you rather concentrate on developing not on forum's life. If you want to, I can help you a bit with that.

Best regards

If you are tired of "NOOB" messages saying that Trunk has errors, so delete it. You yourself said that it's there to be used for TESTING purpouses, AND THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN TEST IT ON A SERVER FOR SOME FRIENDS, don't u think? So we'll be REALLY able to know all bugs. And I'm just telling you them.

I've already seen you saying somethings like: "NOOB MESSAGES", "YOU DON'T PAY ME TO DO THE SERVER", "BLABLABLA", I KNOW that it's hard to have a distro, but if you don't want to manage it anymore, so just STOP, say that you are tired, you can't give support, and blablabla.. ALWAYS when I post some bugs YOU DEVELPOERS, come and say that I'm a noob, I don't know what I'm doing, and I'M NOT A FUCKING NOOB, all right? STOP TREATING us like noobs, because we ARE WHO use the server and post bugs, and even solutions for some of them.

PS: Does someone have a "SQL-CONVERTER from 0.3 to tags 0.2"?

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

There is a difference between reporting a bug and complaining.
If new branch is created and new experimental code is added, then you can of course report it (unless the developers doesn't want reports because probably they are already aware of some of the problems), but don't expect it to be fixed in 1 day, 2 days or even 1->x weeks.
As for losing connection is more likely your using an older version of mySQL server that is bugged.

If you are tired of "NOOB" messages saying that Trunk has errors, so delete it.
How about you delete it and use 0.2 for serious use instead of blaming us for your own mistakes?

You yourself said that it's there to be used for TESTING purpouses, AND THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN TEST IT ON A SERVER FOR SOME FRIENDS, don't u think? So we'll be REALLY able to know all bugs. And I'm just telling you them.
Feel free to test it as much as you want, however we will not handle the bug reports before final 0.2 has been released.

I've already seen you saying somethings like: "NOOB MESSAGES", "YOU DON'T PAY ME TO DO THE SERVER", "BLABLABLA", I KNOW that it's hard to have a distro, but if you don't want to manage it anymore, so just STOP, say that you are tired, you can't give support, and blablabla..
Please quote my post where I state that someone is a noob. It's true that I've said I don't get paid for working on this project, all I get is donations which isn't enough to priority this project over real life stuff.

I'm not tired and I have no plans of stopping, however there's a chance we will move over to a private subversion so no one will have to download the unstable code and use it.

ALWAYS when I post some bugs YOU DEVELPOERS, come and say that I'm a noob, I don't know what I'm doing, and I'M NOT A FUCKING NOOB, all right? STOP TREATING us like noobs, because we ARE WHO use the server and post bugs, and even solutions for some of them.
Again, please tell me where I have called you or anyone a noob. You are just blaming us for your own mistake and you are being ignorant.

PS: Does someone have a "SQL-CONVERTER from 0.3 to tags 0.2"?;
Now tell me why you would want this if you only used 0.3 for testing purposes? We will update our SQL Updater to convert 0.2 database to 0.3 as soon as 0.3 has reached release candidate stage.

You treat me like if I were a noob, and you know that. You act like if you were better than me. And I didn't say you called me noob, I said DEVELOPERS have already called me NOOB, and you called some reports like "NOOB MESSAGES".

Btw, I'm using 0.3 for testing purposes and telling you the bugs I've found. But I think my ideas/bugs aren't welcome anymore. I started with TFS some weeks ago (2, maybe 3), and I know I am not welcome. I'm just an ignorant, sorry, and congratulations for your work, anyway, I'll create another server for testing purposes and I will post ALL bugs I found, even if I fill this forum category with 100000 topics. It's not wrong, is it?

I'm gonna format my computer now, I won't be able to continue our GOOD and PLEASANT conversation. Sorry.

PS AGAIN: Does someone have any converter from TRUNK to TAGS?

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

Last edited:
You treat me like if I were a noob, and you know that. You act like if you were better than me.

I'm using 0.3 for testing purposes and telling you the bugs I've found. But I think my ideas/bugs aren't welcome anymore. I started with TFS some weeks ago (2, maybe 3), and I know I am not welcome. I'm just an ignorant, sorry, and congratulations for your work, anyway, I'll create another server for testing purposes and I will post ALL bugs I found, even if I fill this forum category with 100000 topic. It's not wrong, is it?

PS AGAIN: Does someone have any converter from TRUNK to TAGS?

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

I treat you like anyone else, and I'm not going to dicuss whether I'm better or worse than you because I don't care about that and it won't change anything.

It's not wrong if you report them in the Project Tools with version 0.3pre-alpha, then I can just filter them out until I will start working on 0.3. Just make sure that you use the latest trunk revision because trunk is not a frozen directory, Elf might be working on it.

It was happen to me on my dedicated serwer.
I downloaded MySQL GUI Tools 5.0, and there you have program called MySQL Administrator. You Open that program, next you go into the Startup Variables, next you go to Advanced Networking, and you find Connection TimeOut, you must write there 0 and save.

Back