• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looting monster delay

hallux

Reaction score
Hi, Im a long term fan of the community but havent really done/contributed much so i thought i'd start with this. I am just poking around trying to setup something to play myself and possibly host later down the line. One thing that is bothering may playing on latest TFS with OtClientV8 is that when i am using a potion and try to loot a monster (i.e. mid combat) then the monster doesnt open. After tracking this down, i realised that opening a corpse is considered an action and when the potion is used its getting the timeBetweenActionEx delay added (i.e. 1000ms). I have put in a small hack to work around this that lets you open any container regardless of action cooldown. Im wondering if anyone else is annoyed by this and if its worth a pull request as im definately sure you can loot and use potion in real tibia? Alternatively could this be something happening with OtClientV8 as i noticed when i use a potion im getting callback from "playerUseWithCreature" which seems like a strange callback although i dont know the protocol well.

Here is the code i added in case anyone is curious. Its in game.cpp playerUseItem (line 2175)
C++:
if (!item->getContainer() && !player->canDoAction()) {
        uint32_t delay = player->getNextActionTime();
        SchedulerTask* task = createSchedulerTask(delay, std::bind(&Game::playerUseItem, this,
                              playerId, pos, stackPos, index, spriteId));
        player->setNextActionTask(task);
        return;
    }

In Tibia RL there is a delay when you use something, and therefore using two things at the same time is not possible, this is not a TFS error

In Tibia RL there is a delay when you use something, and therefore using two things at the same time is not possible, this is not a TFS error
You're wrong, sir. In real Tibia there indeed is a system of delays, but the delay on multiuse does NOT affect 'use' or 'move' actions. It only works between two 'use with'. So if we take real Tibia as a reference, you should be able to use a rune or drink a potion and then open a body immediately, in this sense it is a tfs bug/inaccuracy.

Thanks for replies @Sarah Wesker @kay , i have just logged into RL and confirmed that i can use potion and then open corpse. Using a potion/tool shares same cooldown but not looting. I was trying to record but it seems battleeye interferes with recording

Back