• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Lua Script Error : 'doNpcSellItem' (a nil value) : When trying to purchase something from a merchant

eupharias

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with an error that I'm getting.

TFS Version

Recreate
Attempt to buy something via a merchant NPC's 'trade' interface.

Error
Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
(Unknown scriptfile)
data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:989: attempt to call global 'doNpcSellItem' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:989: in function 'callbackOnBuy'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:263: in function 'processModuleCallback'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:461: in function 'onBuy'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1089: in function <data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1089>

Info
This error is preventing the ability to purchase anything from merchants. The merchant won't reduce the amount of gold in the player's inventory, and won't add the items to the player's inventory as a result.

Any help is appreciated! :)

I've actually reverted back to TFS 1.4.0 for now to solve the issue. I plan to tinker with it more in the future, likely starting with a fresh install. Appreciate the help, guys.

I'm having issues with the npcs. I can't buy items through the trade function and some don't spawn. Exactly which files do I need to replace out of this data pack?

Also If I extract the hole thing and overwrite the previous files I cannot log into the game.

here are the errors i get.

1709608637163.png

I'm having issues with the npcs. I can't buy items through the trade function and some don't spawn. Exactly which files do I need to replace out of this data pack?

Also If I extract the hole thing and overwrite the previous files I cannot log into the game.

here are the errors i get.

1709608637163.png
Bro I saw your post on another thread in discussion. That thread was over 6 years old. Please stop spamming. If you need help on a certain issue, don't go around posting the same thing all over everyone else's threads, make your own thread.

Back