• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux luinx screen

ConAn Edujawa

Reaction score
hello guys
my server online and putty closed how i can open server screen again without restart server
and how i can make auto restart
and how i can make crash log

If ur console TFS or other Engine has been closed over close putty u can:
apt-get install screen
and navigate to OTS folder
cd /home/ots/ (example) and write this
screen ./theforgottenserver (theforgottenserver = ur engine_name.sh)

If u looking for auto restart (global ss = server offline 8:00AM and ur server dont run 5 minutes ago)
Look this (Install cron to automate restart server)
Polish Version sorry Auto Restart TFS Linux/ Debian + CRON (https://otland.net/threads/auto-restart-tfs-linux-debian-cron.140877/post-1356913)
but all path and infos u have here.

If ur console TFS or other Engine has been closed over close putty u can:
apt-get install screen
and navigate to OTS folder
cd /home/ots/ (example) and write this
screen ./theforgottenserver (theforgottenserver = ur engine_name.sh)

If u looking for auto restart (global ss = server offline 8:00AM and ur server dont run 5 minutes ago)
Look this (Install cron to automate restart server)
Polish Version sorry Auto Restart TFS Linux/ Debian + CRON (https://otland.net/threads/auto-restart-tfs-linux-debian-cron.140877/post-1356913)
but all path and infos u have here.
when use command for open console its restart the server.
or its happen because first time??

If u start server and ur server has closed or offline over close putty u must use command on putty before start ur engine
screen ./name_engine [ example: screen ./tfs ]
If u looking for automatic restart, go to link up.
U can add in Cron auto restart (If your server have global save server on 8:00AM, ur server been auto restarted on 8:05AM [configure cron time])
or use this auto restarter.sh
#!/bin/bash
ulimit -c unlimited
while true; do ./theforgottenserver; done
But if u use this code u must add permissions to restarter.sh 0777 and use command screen ./restarter

If u start server and ur server has closed or offline over close putty u must use command on putty before start ur engine
screen ./name_engine [ example: screen ./tfs ]
If u looking for automatic restart, go to link up.
U can add in Cron auto restart (If your server have global save server on 8:00AM, ur server been auto restarted on 8:05AM [configure cron time])
or use this auto restarter.sh
#!/bin/bash
ulimit -c unlimited
while true; do ./theforgottenserver; done
But if u use this code u must add permissions to restarter.sh 0777 and use command screen ./restarter
no bro my server online but putty closed and i need open putty and see screen again

not work
anyone can help me my server is online and putty closed i need when open putty again can open screen of server to see who login and if there error in scripts but without restart server

Type screen -ls to see all available screen sessions that are running. If you don't see any that means screen is not running and you have to start it again

If at least One session is showing up, you can connect back using screen -r [screen name]

Type screen -ls to see all available screen sessions that are running. If you don't see any that means screen is not running and you have to start it again

If at least One session is showing up, you can connect back using screen -r [screen name]
i have 2 screen for theforgottenserver how to close old one ??
theforgottenserver (26.07.2020 12:34:32) (Detached)
theforgottenserver (25.07.2020 15:43:53) (Detached)
tfs (25.07.2020 15:43:42) (Detached)

screen -R otserver (capital R to create a screen)
screen -r otserver (lowercase r to enter a screen)
CTRL+A+D (leaves a screen, remains running)
CTRL+D (might need to press a few times, closes the screen)
CTRL+Z (within the screen) kills the screen, sends it to tf knows
screen -X -S otserver kill (kills the screen, decapitate it)

Back