• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lyria Online Alpha - Discussion Thread

_ferrari_

Reaction score
Welcome to Lyria Online Alpha

Proudly introducing Lyria Online, a new standard Evolution.

Our goal
We aim to deliver a high quality experience with professionalism and commitment. We want to deliver quality content on a regular basis and maintain the game enjoyable for all types of players.

How to Participate
Although we are currently testing the server, it is in a playable state. If you wish to play now, expect to find bugs and expect to not keep your progress when the alpha and beta are over.
The advantage of playing now is the ability to help drive the game in the right direction. Suggestions are welcome, and, at this stage in particular, bug reports are very needed.

Are you interested? Then welcome aboard! Click here to get started.

Instructions:
  • Download the launcher clicking here.
  • Install the launcher and run it to auto download the client.
  • While the launcher downloads and installs the game, create your account and character clicking here.
  • Bugs can be reported through private message in OTLand or via e-mail to [email protected]

Current Features
Custom client with launcher, gorgeous interface and improved functionalities:
yWWD8sm.png

MlMLzDo.png

Custom attribute system built from ground up, with six different attributes upon which you can customize your character as you please:
mrcWqp2.png

Hunts with integrated task system: step in and you're already doing a task!

sj2AGSH.png

Find stronger monsters bearing skulls and slay them for even better loot:
cG9kBrz.png

hhdieLS.png

We hope to see you soon in Lyria Online!
Please feel free to discuss anything related to the server in this thread.

Last edited:
How custom is the server in terms of items, monsters, and spells?
Items are standard except:
  1. Equipment can have modifiers that can add one of the six attributes or 31 other modifiers such as reflect damage, mana/life steal, damage increase %, etc..
  2. Throwing weapons such as spears, knives and stars are a single item that doesn't stack neither runs out of charges, and they are rarer than usual. This is because of attributes being rolled on them. If you obtain 10x spear with +10 agility then 2xspears with +5 strength, they wouldn't stack, but that makes obtaining for example an assassin star with a very good attribute roll on it and seeing it disappear.
Monsters are standard except:
  1. When any monster spawns it has a chance to spawn skulled, unlocking better loot, new attacks, more xp/health/damage.
Spells are standard as of now.

We have plans to make completely unique bosses with AI like never seen before, consisting of phases, special attack rotations, etc.
Item variety should come with these bosses, with new items with new effects as drops.
As for spells, we're not sure, but we are interested in adding different stuff. Even though we didn't put much thought into spells yet, I can assure we don't want to make a spell that is essentially a glorified copy of an existing one with increased damage, area or whatever. We have the tools and knowledge to make exciting new spells, and that's what we want to do. If you got any suggestions feel free to tell us.

Pushed a few small fixes/changes:
  • Account creation now works as intended;
  • Fixed attribute points gained per level;
  • Enabled xp stages;
  • Death is free (no level or item loss).
Known current problems (to be fixed soon):
  • Attribute bonuses sometimes get reset if you equip an item;
  • Attribute points gained on level up only show in the interface after player relogs.

The fixes for both problems are live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not having custom mobs/items/spells will hurt the server

All of these are planned, the state is currently on alpha. It's important that the first few key features are working properly before actual content starts being added into the game.

All of these are planned, the state is currently on alpha. It's important that the first few key features are working properly before actual content starts being added into the game.
Then what is really custom here? A small stat system and an attribute system for items that is probably public.... I’m just trying to get an understanding

Then what is really custom here? A small stat system and an attribute system for items that is probably public.... I’m just trying to get an understanding
Yes I will explain don't worry. Not to bore anyone who doesn't care too much I will keep it into this spoiler block:
Attribute system isn't public. As a matter of fact, I made it myself from scratch.
There are six main attributes that are also integrated with the character (just like some other games where a character has agility for example, but items can boost them too):
Agility, strength, vitality, intelligence, sense and fate. Each attribute contributes to your character in a unique way. Customizing your build will be vey rewarding if done right.
We have a custom complete interface system for this attribute system as can be seen on one of the pictures of the main post. This is also made by me from scratch.
Other than these six attributes, items can boost other 31 characteristics such as attack speed, specific element damage, mana removal on hit, etc.. This is, once again, made by me from scratch. As a matter of fact, as simple as adding attributes to items may seem, adding more than a couple require some engine rework on TFS - some boring stuff I don't want to get into here. These other attributes, combined with the six previously listed, are going to be used for unique loot from very difficult bosses we plan on releasing. Not difficult as in lots of health, more damage and different name as people call "custom". We do mean custom, with phases, improved AI, special attacks, and more.

Client is based on OTC but has new looks (as you can see in the screenshots), the new attribute system integrated into it (as you can see in the screenshots) and a few other quality of life that most OTC based clients offer: multiple side bars, better walking, ping and FPS on screen, better map, etc..

Also, monsters have a skull system that - surprise, surprise - I made myself, once again from complete scratch. The monsters can bear any skull from green to black, and when they do they become stronger. Some of them even unlock new attacks. Killing these monsters will unlock better loot and award more experience.

As I hope you have seen, plenty of custom stuff here, and none of it is public. Although I have in the past sold work of adding a few attributes into items it was nothing like this.

Also, please keep in mind this is the alpha version, where we will test the main features before adding in more content.

New batch of fixes:
  • Fixed missing dll error when opening client in some systems;
  • Fixed client version defaulting to 1074 and spr/dat error;
  • Previously known problems that got fixed:
    • Attribute bonuses no longer flicker when equipping/deequipping items;
    • Attribute points gained on level up or task completion now show right away instead of only after logout.

Running the launcher should update the client, and you will now be able to play. If you come across any problems updating or launching the updated client please get in touch!

More fixes for today:
  • Fixed crash when looking at an item in an npc trade window;
  • Server save now occurs every 20 minutes.
Known problems:
  • Attribute points awarded for leveling and tasks still sometimes don't update until login;
  • Tasks get stuck at 49/50 and therefore can't be completed, even though the message says otherwise.
Both of the above were fixed and are live.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was far premature to put this out, even if you're labeling it Alpha. Open Alphas have a way of completely tanking a project before they even get off the ground.

Recent changes:
  • Fixed small bugs with client's interface. It should update automatically if you run the launcher;
  • Fixed small glitches with the map;
  • Players are given free premium on login;
  • Players get free automatic promotion when they reach level 20;
  • Reduced slightly the bonus of attributes;
  • Skulled monsters' experienced increased in order to make skulled monster hunting more rewarding;
We are interested in ideas on how to make skulled monsters more challenging in different ways. If you happen to have a good idea please suggest it ;)

There are some bugs in game like:
-You can take items until teleport is not working near quests.
-Game start lagging after 30 min of play
-When you rotate spell is not always going to correct side
-Frazzlemaw teleport on Hard Creatures teleports you to spidris
-Right now I got kicks every 2min
-On loging your combat mode always go to balanced
-after kick I cannot open monster killed by me

Yours 'Whats This'

Last edited:

Yours 'Whats This'
Do you notice any kicks or delay on rotate spells before those 30 minutes?
Also, do you use the client's built in ping? Do you notice it increasing after those said 30 minutes?
I will push fixes for the other bugs you reported as soon as possible, thanks for reporting.

Nice project. Keep it up.

I'm pretty sure it's better start small than promise a lot of features and never launch anything. He can easily start small and be bigger later, with patience. We see everyday a lot of servers promising things that they will never be able to perform, so, why not keep feet on the ground? It's a good idea for me :)

Recent fixes:
  • Corrected Frazzlemaw task coordinates;
  • Blocked off unreleased quest portals;
  • Implemented an attempt to reduce chance of kicks for players experiencing higher latency. Disabling smart walk and/or dash walking on the client options may also help.
Known problems:
  • Combat instance isn't remembered between logins;
  • If a player disconnects and logs back in he may not be able to loot corpses of creatures he killed.
Thanks for reporting the problems.

Black Skull Demon got too much hp :D Wasted 100 sd (each hit over 1k) and he didn't even hit yellow..

Black Skull Demon got too much hp :D Wasted 100 sd (each hit over 1k) and he didn't even hit yellow..
Indeed they do have a lot of health. We made sure that they are rewarding though. Not only they give you 100x experience, but the items dropped roll for a whopping 4 different attributes, all of which have a greater chance to roll for high values. They are also quite rare.

Are the kicks any better? I took some measures to try and fix it.

Last edited:
Indeed they do have a lot of health. We made sure that they are rewarding though. Not only they give you 100x experience, but the items dropped roll for a whopping 4 different attributes, all of which have a greater chance to roll for high values. They are also quite rare.

Are the kicks any better? I took some measures to try and fix it.

Kicks are not better I think, and about rewarding.. he've dropped me 2 UHP and 3 platinum coins ... :D

Kicks are not better I think, and about rewarding.. he've dropped me 2 UHP and 3 platinum coins ... :D
Perhaps I should consider increasing the drop chance of the better items too.
About the kicks, can you please keep the ping option active and keep an eye on it? See if it increases or not.

Couldn't test it whole day because: Gameworld is starting up. Please wait.
edit: working after fail login :p btw:
-strenght does not increase your health
-intelligence does not increase your mana
-my ping is stable 40-50 and still got kicks every 2-3 min

Yours 'Whats This'

There is most likely a conflict between your combat and inventory modeles as you integrated combat controls into inventory. Inventory stance controls may not work at all either.

Back