• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

M4t30's Mapping Thread

M4t30

THE RETURN OF TROLL KINGZ
Reaction score
Hi Ho.. Well.. I decided to open up this thread.. and if you don't like my works please say it.. and reason why you dont like.. I open this thread to become better.. Coz i think that i'm horrible mapper atm.. So Gimme advices. .Tell me what to map.. Anything.. Have fun while reading & Watching my thread.. And again.. If you don't like it say reason why.. I don't wanna any arguring words.. So.. Thanks everyone..​

Nature:

dSr9Vahuif.png

UhTW7z4jBA.png

uzl6b4s8p.png

Njgb9LNxra.png

Ok! NOW START GIVIMG ME ADVICES AND THINGS THAT I WILL MAP! NOW!
xD

MatEo

Okay thanks you! ;)And point of this nature was like wolf.. see that cave entrence? Later i will make down stairst some more spawns.. Thanks you for commenting.. Youre first so you will get rep from me..

First advice:

Save the pictures as .png

Second advice:

(The first picture)
The mountains are too 'squary'

Hi Ho.. Well.. I decided to open up this thread.. and if you don't like my works please say it.. and reason why you dont like.. I open this thread to become better.. Coz i think that i'm horrible mapper atm.. So Gimme advices. .Tell me what to map.. Anything.. Have fun while reading & Watching my thread.. And again.. If you don't like it say reason why.. I don't wanna any arguring words.. So.. Thanks everyone..​

Nature:

dSr9Vahuif.png

UhTW7z4jBA.png

uzl6b4s8p.png

Njgb9LNxra.png

Ok! NOW START GIVIMG ME ADVICES AND THINGS THAT I WILL MAP! NOW!
xD

MatEo

Was nice. :) Make larger areas! It's hard to judge on such a small piece of map ;)

Thanks for commenties.. now tell me what to map.. xD Please..

Her's some easy mapped beach.. I hope you will like it..Good night..
dAsEb28mSE.png

wGgKREEl.png

4es0xdRqI6.png

Altough the mapping aint nothing but decent. I actually like it XD.
Normaly i would say it sucks, but in some way I do like it :)

For better quality and professionalism:
1. Set your game window to not stretch/shrink game window
2. Set ambient light to 20%
3. Hit CTRL+N to hide your name

For better mapping:
1. No autoborder, use raw bordering only
2. Check out other mappers threads (ie. Mine, Aftonbladet, Magnetico, Peroxide, Neon etc)
3. Try to replicate (Not copy, but same style)
4. Keep practicing with raw

You don't learn to map in 1 day, it will take many weeks if not months of practice to get good.

For better quality and professionalism:
1. Set your game window to not stretch/shrink game window
2. Set ambient light to 20%
3. Hit CTRL+N to hide your name

For better mapping:
1. No autoborder, use raw bordering only
2. Check out other mappers threads (ie. Mine, Aftonbladet, Magnetico, Peroxide, Neon etc)
3. Try to replicate (Not copy, but same style)
4. Keep practicing with raw

You don't learn to map in 1 day, it will take many weeks if not months of practice to get good.

Thanks you so much.. I'll use that tips.. And ya i use raw palete.. just i don't get how to map cave whitout autobordering xD

I like it M4t30. It's nice.
I know aftonbladet hate my mapping works, but,I like the tips and I will try to use them too :)
And I rly like Neon's mapping works and I will try to replicate them (not copy).

For all your pictures you only use 1 type of grass border (either the thick or normal border), try to mix them up (use normal but use patches of thick border).

Here is an example:
23gyasz.png

Notice how not only do I mix both borders, I use the borders to create irregular and natural shapes. I think dirt would have looked better for the thick border explanation, but I got lazy ;P.

For nature you should try to bunch bushes and trees closer together. In forests you rarely see trees separated the exact same distances from each other.

Example:
npqsfk.png

Also, I notice when you do use grass tufts, you only use 1 and spam it all over the place, remember there are 4 different tufts, although the really thick 1 looks like shit, so only the smaller 3. Also don't be afraid to overlap those grass tufts, they make it seem that the grass is thicker, is is especially good for showoff mapping.

Example:
e9w6c1.png

Hope that helped,
Leftwing

~ ISLAND ~

xZnr1zzCBU.png

8Ut63cEHW.png

ejw6K9EF4V.png

yuyiRKkL7v.png

qlrZbcauvx.png

Hope you like it! Thanks to Leftwing for advices!

Back