• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Machine Learning -> Generating Pixel Art

SeeingBlue

Reaction score
I came across an article recently that discussed using neural networks to produce pixel art.

So I thought why not see if I can reproduce this. Feed a neural network all the swords in Tibia, see what happens?

What really interested me though was the possibility of letting a neural network create new creatures. The first problem I'm running into is getting a good dataset. I think what I need are the 3x4 spritesheets for every creature. I cannot find these very easily.

Does anyone know where or how I can get all the 3x4 spritesheets for creatures?

I didn't find Object Editor, I did find something called Object Builder but I actually ended up using TexturePackerGUI which worked really well for all the single 32x32 monsters, but not so well for larger monsters like the cyclops. I'm still learning though.

If anyone wants to help, you are welcome. I'm no expert here but I believe in order to get a large dataset of creatures, and keep all the images the same size, we may need to place 32x32 creatures in the same size sprite sheet that we place the 64x64 or whatever the largest size creature is. We might even be able to convince the neural network to produce their corpses too if we include them in the spritesheet for each creature.

I didn't find Object Editor, I did find something called Object Builder
Oh, right, sorry, that's what I meant. I don't know TexturePackerGUI but OB has everything you would need, including preview of the monsters and animations.

use this, select tibia assets folder, check 'export sheets' and 'slice sheets', chose an output folder, click 'export sprites' and you are done

Back