• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maelstorm Mapping Teasers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved all the thread and enjoyed so much watching these wonderfull showoffs of that server , all are great but i will give 7/10 because there is a picture that rune everything and it looks squary too the picture with 2 houses and he is between them and looking on the walls that sucks
i think it's in 2 or 3

This is refreshingly thorough, although of course on many shots there is still room for detail especially in the first 3 teasers.

The blacksmith in the first teaser is looking nice and original.

WARNING -SPAM EXPOSURE- WARNING
In the second, (this is where my opinions most likely part from the many) I would suggest experimenting with overlapping rock formations/rubble pieces especially up on the tops of mountains where you wouldn't be able to walk anyway as it, in my opinion, lightens the restrictive grid feel on game-play. I would also suggest trying to apply more ground types on levels where there is just one grass type for nature and one dirt type for path to, for example, two or three for each. The dead tree/root extensions and ground type mixtures in the last shot are great.

This is getting into nitpicking but in the third teaser the bridges look nice but I would refrain from using too many vertical stone wall pieces(1st and last shots of 3rd teaser) for the same grid reason explained earlier. The heavy looking stone structure looks strange being supported by planks of wood in the second shot, and I would also try to refrain from using too many of the same hangable vegetation pieces consecutively (1st and 4th shots of 3rd teaser).

The 4th and 5th teasers are for me untouchable...
Great work.

[These claims may cross into the realm of 'spam inducing' and have therefore been properly labeled]

this work is copied, i recognize this alooooot. i think the one who made this his name here was ghost something

Hahahaha u just made my day :p wanna show me the actual thread of someone else mapping this before the Maelstorm team? <3 hahahaha!

Anyways, mapping is still being worked on and we have many things ready but yes, the expected test server release date will be around august.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back