• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Magic Effect in OT Client

whiteblXK

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, What is the maximum can be magic effects, sprites, shots in OT Client? In Tibia Client from Cipsoft limit is 256 Magic Effect, If OT Client is the same limit, how to change it?

- - - Updated - - -

refresh

256 magic effects? ;o I think in dat you can add more, also add them to spr?

Yes, I add 430 magic effect to my dat files, my cient do not read 256+ magic effect

i had that problem too with outfits, they won't be showed. What I do? Saved again dat and spr file and then worked.

Otclient has no problem with reading more than 255, however you need to change the variable type in server sources first.

uint16 m_id;
bool isValidDatId(uint16 id, ThingCategory category) { return id >= 1 && id < m_thingTypes[category].size(); }

void setId(uint32 id);
uint32 getId() { return m_id; }

is that what we have to change?

I can take a closer look at it later, but from what I remember you have to make the server use uint16_t instead of uint8_t for magic effects.
Also, you have to change the protocol message to msg->add<uin16_t> then etc.
+ edit the constants and set the "magic effect none" to 0xFFFF, so you can use 256 as a effect too.

Back