• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Magnetico's Mapping

Rookgaard's Temple
ta4gba.jpg

Made by: Magnetico
Inspired by: BardockTornado

,.i., ugly.
bah, its super cool :)
but looks like i give you the inspiration :p(jk)

verry good rpg - type temple, simple amd cool...
like always very nice

Some more advance on Rookgaard...
6tlc80.jpg

Made by: Magnetico
Inspired by: BardockTornado

pretty nice man :)
only thing i didn't like was the 2 bamboo lamps in the bottom right :)

pretty nice man :)
only thing i didn't like was the 2 bamboo lamps in the bottom right :)
Thanks mate... Which bamboo lamps? There are 4 of them, and if you're counting the hangable ones then there are 6 of'em. ;)

Most people here try to cram as much detail into a single SQM as possible and they immediately believe themselves to be good mappers. But you, sir, have elevated the noble art of mapping to a whole new level. Kudos to that!

Oh, and I simple adore the Lizard pictures. Can I see more of them? They remind me of Shadow of the Colossus :x

@Up
Thanks man! :wub:
Shadow of the Colossus? OMFG! I played that game a while, the best game I've ever played and I don't remember some place like my Lizard's. o.o

@Up
Thanks man! :wub:
Shadow of the Colossus? OMFG! I played that game a while, the best game I've ever played and I don't remember some place like my Lizard's. o.o

The general architecture from Shadow of the Colossus is much alike that of your Lizard city. For example the fortress of the 15th Colossus, see the similarities? My friend, you have subconsciously created one of the best allusions ever.

Well.. I never got to the 15th Colossus, I only got to the 5th I think. XD

Definitely my favorite playble-mapping mapper in the whole community, you map like a genious without overdetailing at all. Love your work and hope to see it in-OT eventually, would be an awesome experience to play on.

PS: I guess it's different for eveyone, but seeing your Rook~ mapping screens, I can see that you just start detail mapping from the begining, which is not wrong at all. Just, as a tip, maybe make the whole core/foundation of the city (the shape, the street/road system and housing etc) then lay on the detail after. That's what I do though, not everyone does it the same way.

Definitely my favorite playble-mapping mapper in the whole community, you map like a genious without overdetailing at all. Love your work and hope to see it in-OT eventually, would be an awesome experience to play on.

PS: I guess it's different for eveyone, but seeing your Rook~ mapping screens, I can see that you just start detail mapping from the begining, which is not wrong at all. Just, as a tip, maybe make the whole core/foundation of the city (the shape, the street/road system and housing etc) then lay on the detail after. That's what I do though, not everyone does it the same way.

You're right, everyone maps different and with different systems, I know that Aftonbladet maps first the borders, I don't, you explained really well how I map, and I really don't need to map the whole structure first, everything's in my head since the begining. :wub:

Well that's prefectly good then. *thumbs up*
Keep on going, I wanna see more. you're my inspiritation for mapping right now.

Well that's prefectly good then. *thumbs up*
Keep on going, I wanna see more. you're my inspiritation for mapping right now.
Thanks dude... I won't show more screens 'til I have the whole city (Rookgaard) finished. ;)

Back
Top Bottom