• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mailmans little mapping thread (:

mailman

Beginner mapper
Reaction score
Heyah, I'm quite new to otland and mapping, so I thought you could give me tips etc, so I could improve my mapping... Here's one of my works-
Well, I totally forgot windows this time, but it could be fixed anytime, so please, don't point that out<_<

Last edited:
Dude, klick "Q" to shut of shades before u take a pic, and O also for the pathing stuff, and S for spawns, thoose things are not supposed to be on when u take an ss

Thanks, never knew that :p Edited my map a little, to make it look nicer, so took a few pics of it...

edit: just noticed the black 3-4 squares at the right side of the mountain :p not gonna fix it atm
I know, I should add more details etc, but I don't know, how to really do it properly, so it'd look good and stuff, gotta find the right stuff and so :p BUT PLEASE, tell me what do you think, what should I improve and so one, I'd be really thankful

edit2: added some more details to swamp and some white gravel all around the place :p think it looks nicer

Last edited:
thanks :p I know I need to improve myself a lot, any tips, that could come in handy? because "omg that's fkin horrible, worst map I've ever seen" doesn't help me a lot

To many trees :p, add grass tuffs, some smallstones, give the land more shape ;). Keep posting screens so we can comment :) and see how you've improved your self.

It's looking "Remerized a lot" and there's a border bug in the north of your island

meh, thanks guys, I was out of town for a few days, but now I'm back ... I know, I totally suck etc, but I just started with mapping, no one was born 1337 >.< (except neon, as he mentioned in one of his posts lol)
where is this border bug btw?

I don't see why people are writing such things like Your map sucks.. It looks horrible etc.. Why don't say your opinion and THEN some tips to improve all these wrong things he made.

aight, was busy for few days, but now, trying again >.<
so, here's a little temple with surroundings :p

edit: I thought that, the temple looked a bit blank or so, anyways, I added a mountain behind the temple, which I think, looks nice, also added vines to marble pillars :p please, share your opinion and tips with me ;o

Last edited:
Better Qually

I love sutch Threads where everyone can see how someone will be better everytime!

Try to make fewer trees, More bushes...

Back