• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making 7.6 OTS, what engine should i use?

BeSeriousX

Show me the code!
Reaction score
Hello guys, this is my first post here. I want to make a server but i don't have idea what engine should i use. Next thinking about version, use 7.6 [what engine?] or maybe 10.77 using newest TFS.

What do you think?

I don't know too much about OTS.

I want to start making my own server, using own map (from 0 to hero) and own quest and items. So what's better ? 7.6 / 8.6 or maybe 10.77 ?

What do you think?

There are serveral options for 7.6 servers. I would recommend you to use 7.72 since it offers directX and uses same distro than 7.6 (mostly)
If you choose 7.72 there is: OTHire, TFS 0.4 (downgraded by Evul Mastah) and Avesta.
All of them have their pro's and contras. For me I would choose Avesta if your skilled enough to solve all bugs.

Avesta has it own movement system and whole gameplay is way cooler but has alot of existing bugs which I cant remember for now and also it is limited by AAC's, Nicaw for example is easy to hack. If you solved all the problems its a awesome server for sure!

OTHire hasnt been tested by me at all, I wouldn't recommend it since I haven't seen any successful server running with OTHire for longer time and stable.

TFS 0.4 isn't easy to get, it will probably cost you some euros if you choose to buy it from someone since Evul Mastah sold his copies for 50 euro/each. TFS 0.4 isn't that good for oldschool servers since the whole sources are based for higher versions such as 8.6~, the good thing is you can simply download gesior and run it, it will be way easier than Avesta and it is more secure if you choose Gesior 2012.

Hmm, Danger really thanks for your reply.

It's interresting, but you talking about bugs. I'm thinking about 10.77 running by TFS 10.77 because i think it's more stable and unbuged? i'm right or no?

EDIT:

Okey, i found 7.72 avesta

But 7.72 with Avesta sounds good. Maybe know you where i can get Avesta for 7.72?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, Danger really thanks for your reply.

It's interresting, but you talking about bugs. I'm thinking about 10.77 running by TFS 10.77 because i think it's more stable and unbuged? i'm right or no?

EDIT:

Okey, i found 7.72 avesta

But 7.72 with Avesta sounds good. Maybe know you where i can get Avesta for 7.72?
You can compile avesta with the __PROTOCOL_77__ definition.

Hmm, okay thanks HalfAway.

I have another, i think the last question.

Between TFS 1.1 [10.77] & Avesta [7.72] -> which is mostly bugged?

Back