• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maltexor's Mapping Try's

Maltexor

Reaction score
First of all last time i was mapping is around 4 years ago so here is my first try:

A3wRg.jpg

rXiug.png

349cgg6.jpg

Last edited:
First of all last time i was mapping is around 4 years ago so here is my first try:

Shop Island:

A3wRg.jpg

it's decent for not having mapped for 4 years, but here are some things you could improve:
* remove those whirlpools in the see (there are way to many and they dont really go that well in the sea i feel)
*the water on top of the mountain feels but odd. maybe put some grass around it or just remove it.
* detail your boat , it's too empty, also add some railing and make it 1 sqm less broad.
*your nature is too random, stick to 2 or 3 types of trees. remove those dwarven trees especially.
* Not sure how you want it but i would split the big house in some smaller houses and make this a little village. also don't try to mix to many details with each other: the dragonhead statue for example doesnt really fit here imo

Try to use RAW a lot, but you prolly know that allready :p.

But the most important thing is: Enjoy yourself while mapping and judge your own mappings: Do I like it? does it look natural? For what purpose did i map it? playable or just for showoff?

Hope to see some more mappings :);
Good luck!

Kind regards,
Hehemidu

it's decent for not having mapped for 4 years, but here are some things you could improve:
* remove those whirlpools in the see (there are way to many and they dont really go that well in the sea i feel)
*the water on top of the mountain feels but odd. maybe put some grass around it or just remove it.
* detail your boat , it's too empty, also add some railing and make it 1 sqm less broad.
*your nature is too random, stick to 2 or 3 types of trees. remove those dwarven trees especially.
* Not sure how you want it but i would split the big house in some smaller houses and make this a little village. also don't try to mix to many details with each other: the dragonhead statue for example doesnt really fit here imo

Try to use RAW a lot, but you prolly know that allready :p.

But the most important thing is: Enjoy yourself while mapping and judge your own mappings: Do I like it? does it look natural? For what purpose did i map it? playable or just for showoff?

Hope to see some more mappings :);
Good luck!

Kind regards,
Hehemidu
Thanks for you nice Feedback!

I will change some thing's wich you mentioned like some smaller house's and totally change the mountain and some detail's :)

Btw i know about raw mapping but i sux alot on it :)

Aside from what Hehemidu already pointed out, I feel like I should give you some tips:

-Avoid making buildings too big and squarish, if you really need them big give them some proper structures and details.
-There are too many different sprites on your nature, try to regionalize areas with a few selected things, like pine trees and one kind of stones for one.
-Try not to look like a 999x map, give things a realistic purpose to exist.

I hate to map cave but okay! I was bored and changed to raw mapping.

Maybe i will add a bit or adjust it or you can give me some ideas? :)

9lfpc.png

BTW: Sorry for the lightning i always have 100% light on Normal Player Account idk why xD.

Last edited:
This piece looks sooo much better! This is actually pretty good :)
Continue with what ur doing, its a big progress already !

So here i got it now with lightning effect's

rXiug.png

349cgg6.jpg

Getting a lot better, glad to see you removed what I wanted to see removed xD
Now I just hope you'll take the time and improve on things like, bordering ground tiles and the cave wall tiles.

Getting a lot better, glad to see you removed what I wanted to see removed xD
Now I just hope you'll take the time and improve on things like, bordering ground tiles and the cave wall tiles.

For sure i will Improve this! But at the moment I'm Moving so it could take a while + 1 week no internet connection enough time to map on this cave :D

Last edited:
Back