• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map Editor Cloud

Alush

Don't Forget
Reaction score
Hello Otland!

I've thinking about return to mapping or do mapping 4fun, but I don't want download RME in each PC
so It give me an idea

Can exists a RME in Cloud, and I'm thinking about development but I want to know how viable it's now in days
I have to much time to not stay in the OT Community, I want to know your opinions if could be worth it make it.
I would do it from scratch ofcourse

1640113100121.png

Let me know your opinions :D

You'd have to upload sprites and load them in chrome.. And loading a big map would be a heavy task for a browser (I guess). I think you're trying to solve a problem that actually does not exist. Why not just download rme and map in your computer?

I think it is not necessary at all, RME weighs absolutely nothing, it can be downloaded and installed in less than a minute, maybe 30 seconds Also, how do you want people to trust someone else's cloud to upload their XD maps?

However I have heard that everything in the future will be based on the cloud, so having this project in the near future will be interesting.

You'd have to upload sprites and load them in chrome.. And loading a big map would be a heavy task for a browser (I guess). I think you're trying to solve a problem that actually does not exist. Why not just download rme and map in your computer?
Well, you can read the .spr and .dat, so it can be stored as service all sprites of each version and wouldn't necesary check all to all versions to tibia if it's well stored the tibia files.
of course is better upload the files, but if cloud base enviroment it's done, everyones can share it's own pieces and collaborate easier.
you never would download a tibia only for map

I think it is not necessary at all, RME weighs absolutely nothing, it can be downloaded and installed in less than a minute, maybe 30 seconds Also, how do you want people to trust someone else's cloud to upload their XD maps?

However I have heard that everything in the future will be based on the cloud, so having this project in the near future will be interesting.

that's right, I've thinking something like Github you know, it's only an idea that cangive to mappers community something very interesting, cloud would ever have your pieces of mapping, even if your map is public you always will have a image of your pieces, thats one of features that I can expect

Because I don't know if theres don't exist community to would use it, I want you all opinions so thanks

I'm currently working on a map editor for my new format (more info), so you could just wait a few months.
It'll be written in Flutter, which allows you to easily compile it for web (but I have no idea what the performance will be like). It's only about running the app in the browser, though, I didn't yet think about a server where you can store your maps. Also, it's not that easy, storage costs money, so it would probably be a paid service (and nobody would use it).
Why don't you start your own project anyway and we'll compete ^^.

I'm currently working on a map editor for my new format (more info), so you could just wait a few months.
It'll be written in Flutter, which allows you to easily compile it for web (but I have no idea what the performance will be like). It's only about running the app in the browser, though, I didn't yet think about a server where you can store your maps. Also, it's not that easy, storage costs money, so it would probably be a paid service (and nobody would use it).
Why don't you start your own project anyway and we'll compete ^^.

I see you work looks very interesting, maybe would be more worth write it on Rust and port it on web with WebAssembly!

The thing about nobody would use t's the thing that I'm looking for, because it would have a bussisnes model based on Ads to try auto-pay, and if won't work if not become a popular proyect. Anyways if the community it's still big I think I can make it usefull for most of the people. Interesting features can be done with maps in the cloud really, like test the maps in game, changing the TFS to get the files from specific site it can be posible :p

If projects as: https://codepen.io/ can works, maybe something can be done.
I'm only thinking about the possiblities, but if tibia community it's dying I think its not worth to do a effort in this because it's a lot of work for one and It will no give a so much money to survive

The map editor I made for my project is based in the browser. I load 11 floors of a map sized at dimensions of 2000 x 2000.

The only difference is, my spritesheets are separated and not one big chunk like spr.

But yes, this is very possible indeed ^^. Even multi users working on the same map at the same time.

What about Shared Library that would allow users to upload and share their maps. There can be categories, filtering by size, rating, popularity. So like when you are creating a world map, you need something like a city medium-size, so you search for it in the library using filtering (instead of going through 30 pages on OTLand) and pick one if it looks good (screenshots attached), with a single press of a button it would download the map and show new button to simply import it into your current map. This could be easily added to RME.

Last edited:
What about Shared Library that would allow users to upload and share their maps. There can be categories, filtering by size, rating, popularity. So like when you are creating a world map, you need something like a city medium-size, so you search for it in the library using filtering (instead of going through 30 pages on OTLand) and pick one if it looks good (screenshots attached), with a single press of a button it would download the map and show new button to simply import it into your current map. This could be easily added to RME.

The OP was suggesting a cloud based option to prevent the need to use RME in the first place.

However, yes I do like this idea, this could be added to RME. A central server would be needed to host the files and everyone would need to update to the new version in order to benefit from it.

A simple website would probably be a better (even easier) option where users can upload and download OTBM's.

Back