• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map editor for android

dewral

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is There any map editor or Ported RME to use it on android?

Is There any map editor or Ported RME to use it on android?
There is still no way to compile it for android. See that remeres is a very complete editor, with many options... Can you imagine this interface on a mobile screen? It would be horrible to edit. It doesn't make much sense. I don't think anyone would try to make this work.
Post automatically merged:

don't think so, RME itself is already bugged and laggy on windows, let alone on android 😁
I think you were totally unhappy in that talk. It could limit itself to just saying that it doesn't exist. The rme is not perfect, of course... But, it is very complete, with many functions, and relatively old code, without much performance improvements. The point is that the larger open map or the more open maps, the more memory and processing it will need. I switched from 8gb to 16gb and I'm performing very well with rme + visual studio + server running. With no or very few crashes. In addition to being the only full-featured and fully functional map editor.

Last edited:
There is still no way to compile it for android. See that remeres is a very complete editor, with many options... Can you imagine this interface on a mobile screen? It would be horrible to edit. It doesn't make much sense. I don't think anyone would try to make this work.

I think you were totally unhappy in that talk. It could limit itself to just saying that it doesn't exist. The rme is not perfect, of course... But, it is very complete, with many functions, and relatively old code, without much performance improvements. The point is that the larger open map or the more open maps, the more memory and processing it will need. I switched from 8gb to 16gb and I'm performing very well with rme + visual studio + server running. With no or very few crashes. In addition to being the only full-featured and fully functional map editor.
I think its because it doesn't cut in sectors like cipsoft did with his editor, it loads the whole map because of how TFS is designed. If it could be cut in sectors, it would be nice to see in Android imo :).

sorry good sir, you are totally right, didn't want to offend you in any way, RME is perfect

Back