• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Map Loading Time

Lava Titan

Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
1591765674327.png

Hey guys, how are you? <3

So I've been testing stuff in my server for a while and it starts to be boring when I have to wait all this time every restart..
Because as you can see it's not even big, it's quite small tbh but still takes this long to load...

Is there any way to make the map load faster?

Thanks and Regards <3

Please provide with as much information as you possibly can when seeking support so users don't have to ask questions after questions.

The hardware specifications in general should be more than okay.

I've got a few questions:
  • How large is the map?
  • Operative System?
  • Built with debug symbols?

Additionally to what Ninja said
you should also look at the CPU Steal Time and IO Wait Time. You can google on how to do that depending on your OS and distro.
Many hosting services these days overcrowd their machines in order to make more money. So for example their server has 64 Cores, but they sell VPS summing up to 128 Cores. Since in normal VPS none of the hardware is guaranteed they are able to do this but this means that when other users currently use a lot of CPU performance, this will impact your resources available and cause your CPU Steal Time to go up and slow your server drastically.

Or your server is on your PC, which I didn't notice earlier then just ignore this :D
But remember it for the future ;)

Last edited:
Back