• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping a new ot, Lets start with the city!

jalllee

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am starting a new Project. I will make a big city first and need some feedback on my mapping, noone is perfect!

Here is what I have at the moment:

QQUFeNA.jpg

dUxgMpj.jpg

JHQBQXc.jpg

Please comment your thoughts! :)

Yes the grey color is definetly a - side.

But try adding some more elements like a river or something, And if you're going to use those walls, Then change the ground to something else. Or keep the ground and change the walls? :)

My opinion ^ :)

Thanks alot for the comments! @daadyboy5 @Zakeen @Basiq GM

About a river I will make one later that devide the city's nothen and Southern part.
What should be most preferable to change? I changed the streets to a more dark Brown one. Like this:

BlARJlU.jpg

Last edited:
It's a lot better, but still kind of plain. Try adding some more detail to the pavement. Maybe some little stones. You see, it's a good layout of the city, but your tiles need to change. I'd suggest to maybe making the pavement a lighter color, and blending walls together.

IMO. It still needs alot of changes add some kind of debris etc on the floor. Do not use that much windows on the depots. I would change the depo floor aswell and use a glowing tile under the depo instead. Maybe not as much benches, mix the walls with grey moss, I would also change the roof, does not look so good with just that you use.

Just some suggestions,
But keep it up.

Thanks alot for the feedback @Aelu I have done some changes. I feel that adding some stones to the streets will be very hard to know where to place them to do so it makes some sense.
Thinking of the depot's pavement, and maybe it should stay as it was Before? just to make is alittle different from the other Buildings?
Here is an update:

NMW3Y3w.jpg

@Zakeen which roof do you have in mind? Thanks for the comments, will change things around and see how it looks.

I dont like the ground :( and if its possible, do more nature stuff :D :p

@TibiaFX Do you mean the street ground? And I am aiming for a huge city so maybe nature should be restricted? maybe some more places could do i guess. thanks for your feedback, will see how it looks soon with some updates.

@Zakeen I have made an example of against Another type of roof, here it is:

hFhHU3C.jpg

Please tell me what you think of it! :)

I think it would look a lot better if you get rid of the Grey tiles around the buildings. Maybe replace that with some grass. Then add a few grass tufts and small bushes/trees in the grass. Maybe add in some dirt as well.

I think it would look a lot better if you get rid of the Grey tiles around the buildings. Maybe replace that with some grass. Then add a few grass tufts and small bushes/trees in the grass. Maybe add in some dirt as well.
It could be. But with his current layout of housing, it might look kinda weird.

Thanks for the feedback @Jfrye @Aelu and @Krzysiek0 I actually was thinking of a low experience ot. And I want to do something different so they grey tiles will stay. Have done some updates on the house roofs and aswell the streets. I am thinking if those roofs fits a house made of only stone, looks kinda wierd to me but with the Wood walls it looks nice in my meaning.

Here is the update:

TRe6bNC.jpg

I'd use the street you used in first instance, but use more colours (nature). Just use some grass, trees, plants etc every now and then.

Back