• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping Apprentices

Demon Eldorath

Memento Mori
Reaction score
Mapping apprentices
Another OpenTibian-scene instance made for YOU!

Hai!
As I've been away for some time some might not be familiar to me or any of my work - tobad.. for them.
I'm Demon Eldorath, Niklas - father of a daughter named Hanna - I'm 22 y/o from Sweden. I've been active within the OpenTibian scene since -05/06.
Also had the pleasure of working with some of OTLands/OT*ans finest back in days.
I've been shipping out maps to the public, been sharing my map-dropbox and so on for you to take part of my maps.
Which... is rather wrong - Why not create them yourselves?

Don't get me wrong, people who totally lacks to ability to even try or isn't any artistic could benefit from downloadable map, then fine - I bet the download section got enough for you.
This time I'm not mainly prioritizing on releasing, but in any way I assist - raise quality, ideas, natural looking and maybe some planning.

To reach a certain standard I've set these demands:

1. 17 years old.
  2. Decent English or enough to make himself or herself understood.
  3. OK reputation generally on OTLand. (You better not be trolling, bitch.)

More information to come.

Last edited:
Think it's great you're going to help people.

Recommended - especially for cities :3

Niklas: Most kittehz dun like their masters I'm sure.

Opopopop.
Best mapper ever amen, used to watch him map on MSN for me like two years ago, learn't a fair bit and always envied how he makes his towns.

Goodluck to anyone who gets chosen, definitely a great opportunity to become a better mapper.

what about old mappers? would you still help me improve :D?

hope someday will be something like that but with c++ or something else, nice to see people helping

Add my Skype @ Fingerfailure. This looks promising.

EDIT:
I'm doing some planning right now. To get most (if not everything) covered and structured. Rest assure that this will be demanding my free time - so I expect some respect enough for you to be serious when applying.

Last edited:
He sucks man, he can't map for shit, not kidding.

of course I'm kidding, duhhhh

Last edited:
too bad i dont got the time to sign up for it , otherwise i would definetly do it :)

great initiative!

I get home from sea in 3 days, i would love to get this chance to learn something! So i will sign up later :D

I would love to see these sessions maybe recorded? They could really help new mappers, like me, to understand mapping more.
I'd love to sign up for the mapping tutorial sessions, but unfortunately don't got the time, but I would love to see it recorded!

I would love to see these sessions maybe recorded? They could really help new mappers, like me, to understand mapping more.
I'd love to sign up for the mapping tutorial sessions, but unfortunately don't got the time, but I would love to see it recorded!
Depending on resources - since the staff is all me - its my resources which is the limit. My computer ain't top-notch which really limits stuff like recording and more advanced things. Ill update mainpost within the day with info of how we'll be progressing.
But thanks for tips - I'd love to make some kind of recording feature but for now my comp specc as stated is very limited also I'm nowadays not a fast mapper.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some irl matters to deal with and then some planning.
Checking over best ways to present material in such way which you all fully understand and somewhat professional looking.

Keep sending applications and add my skype - I'll be forming the group in a week.

I'm so interested!
Im 16, but please let me try and I promise I'll do my best :D

Back
Top Bottom