• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping attempts

Reaction score
I havent ever mapped much, just little things like a house or two.. I'm a new mapper basically.

Well, I dont mind if you flame, it just helps me as I'll know where I've gone wrong.. ^_^

Heres some of my mapping attempts:

An underground map, perhaps for a hunting spot or a quest? Idk:

Enterance:
359eoh2.jpg

East a little:
358ufwj.jpg

North east:
x66pe.jpg

--

Ice Map, perhaps for a boss monster or something?:

All Levels:
317cugj.jpg

Spawn & levels:
25f12e1.jpg

A big dragon mountain:
rcsbo8.jpg

Theres more to come :)

Please comment on what you like and what you dislike.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What i don't like: You place random doodads on random tiles. It's squary and buggy.

Here's an example of what i ment. Red circles are bugs, green squares are squary things.

151575bugs and squary.PNG

Here's an example of what i ment. Red circles are bugs, green squares are squary things.

151575bugs and squary.PNG

The parts of the caves you have circled next to the black will be filled in of course. I just didnt see the need to as I'm just showing the inside of the cave really..

The parts of the caves you have circled next to the black will be filled in of course. I just didnt see the need to as I'm just showing the inside of the cave really..

It gives the impression that you didn't spend any time on it. It's not like it takes a long time to do it ;o

A big dragon mountain:
rcsbo8.jpg

Added.

Please tell me your LIKES and DISLIKES so I can improve my work.

Pff, dun mind this, you'd get LOADS of feedback from the team if you're in. =)You'll go from this to Illyrium style if you feel like mapping aswell as writing stories.

You need to train on mapping more because it still looks squary i dont care if it's buggy as long as it's not downloadable it's just a showoff okay?
so please train first on shape then train on details
thanks for reading!

I'm still currently working on the shapes.. I really need to work on that.. I'll create another one tomorrow and post it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Back