• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

-mapping- request help

akabaka

Reaction score
Hello All!
i have recently just started mapping, and i plan to make a few cities (not just hunting grounds). I will periodically upload images of my mapping and I greatly need the help of you more experienced mappers, as I already know i'm horrible.

A few things before i start uploading

- I 95% of the time use RAW
- On mountains i don't know how to border it w/o auto border so i try to avoid them
- not really good at open maps (big areas like forests), as i used to just do spawns

Last edited:
sorry but it really looks bad and autoborder, cuz of the squary border.

i know it looks bad, that's what i said in the beginning. I'll probably trash that part entirely since i rushed through it. Ill post another part that i actually took time on. also on this one ignore the lava, i have ghost floors on and thats bottom floor...

2rxvekg.png

1t770z.png

yeah my first one was me getting impatient, and i am thinking on scrapping my work i'm doing now and restarting based on what im learning from tutorials / other mappers, i figured out that i am terrible at grass / forests those types of things.

i'd say it's a start, buuut.. please see some bordering tutorials, yours made my eyes hurt :D

keep working

Hehe, yes that's mainly the reason why i'm starting over Manuveiu, i've seen some bordering tutorials and now am doing everything manual. No auto-border, even in hunting grounds :)

id say you shouldnt try red mountains yet. bordering bugs are usual even with experienced mappers.

Temple of the project i'm restarting on, I have no idea what else to do with it, and was wondering if you suggest anything i should add / remove

nnry47.png

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE

246ov0z.png

its too clean imo, try using more gravel/stones.
removes those lava walls, or use only the lava walls, they dont really fit together
try to use some other grounds inside the houses.
i think the borders are placed wrong
also i know its harder in houses but really try to avoid making them all squarie.

look at some more experienced mappers and read some tutorials

keep working on them and they will turn out just fine :)

Alright, and on the borders i am trying something new, which i probably shouldn't since i'm inexperienced but ill show you

2w2oo6c.png

don't know what ground i'm going to use inside buildings, and ill add detail when i get the base all done
(houses, shops, etc)

i don't know, i don't think i'm copying off anyone either.. I just started this last night

208ij28.png

Thanks to everyone else mapping thread / tutorials for helping me to border XD, I hope i'm improving

3128u8l.png

a piece of a new map i'm working on for an OT

(won't show all of it because i'm not done and don't want anyone to see until they play it themselves) :p

Damn that scaled quickly :p I liked your last 2 pictures, I just that the borders doesn't match in the last picture in one part but you are getting better.

Try to don't make the buildings so square.

Back