• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping

Wirless

7.6 is the best :D
Solutions
Reaction score
just wondering how hard it would be to integrate RME with tfs to read map from pixels so that you can put anything anywhere to pixel detail (player still moves on 32tiles) just to be able to for example put a apple on side of a tree leafs instead of middle ;p or make some serious borders

It wouldn't be too hard to make a custom sprite file with one apple in the middle, one on each side/corner etc. Cipsoft already made that with some doodads like the small rocks.

its not about sprite im talking about whole otbm file like additional 2 axis that can be there but not exactly if not needed ( to preserve memory)

If you want that kind of freedom you should probably check out some game that uses polygon models (is that the name?) instead of sprites.

just wondering how hard it would be to integrate RME with tfs to read map from pixels so that you can put anything anywhere to pixel detail (player still moves on 32tiles) just to be able to for example put a apple on side of a tree leafs instead of middle ;p or make some serious borders

Even if that is implemented (doesn't seems that hard, but client would also be involved), it would be troublesome regarding mechanics. Can I use that apple? If you moved the apple and it appears to be in the other tile? What about the flags of the moved item, how they would apply? I prefer Worr idea of making more sprites for such uses.

Even if that is implemented (doesn't seems that hard, but client would also be involved), it would be troublesome regarding mechanics. Can I use that apple? If you moved the apple and it appears to be in the other tile? What about the flags of the moved item, how they would apply? I prefer Worr idea of making more sprites for such uses.
basically the center of the sprite is where the tile is padding but due to number 32/32 it will be 16/16 or 15/15 because of 0/0?

basically the center of the sprite is where the tile is padding but due to number 32/32 it will be 16/16 or 15/15 because of 0/0?
It's a 32x32px tiles grid, you don't click on sprites, you click on tiles. Also, there are some sprites where that are actually painted on the corner of the 32x32 tile, not in the center as the apple.

It's a 32x32px tiles grid, you don't click on sprites, you click on tiles. Also, there are some sprites where that are actually painted on the corner of the 32x32 tile, not in the center as the apple.
that is what I am saying to make it simple center of sprite is pointing to the tile to click.
that way its 1 of four but if its ment to be food and you are such cry baby make it allow to be clicked on 4 tiles even doesnt really matter

I think the answer is that it's possible, but you need to change everything – the client, the server, the sprite system, all your scripts etc.

Back