• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Marco's Mapping

Karel

Reaction score
Hello,

Thought I'd show some of my work here as well.. It's not much, but I like it. Comments are welcome, as long as it's constructive criticism and no flaming or insulting.

Enjoy!
screenshot_2011-09-23-19-45-10.png

Entrance to a camp.

screenshot_2011-09-23-19-45-17.png

A small farm and graveyard. Note; the mountain on the top part of the screenshot isn't finished.

screenshot_2011-09-23-19-45-34.png

Harbor with an inn.

Marco (a.k.a. Karel)

Well, you migh want to reconsider, as I only use auto-borders at mountain parts, so yeah...

Define auto-border, prove I used it and give at least one good argument why it would be bad, and then we can start over again, right?

Autoborder: using the tools in the Terrain and Doodad pallete isntead of using RAW
Here's where's autoborder:
Gs5Iq.png

gKTuI.png

Define auto-border, prove I used it and give at least one good argument why it would be bad, and then we can start over again, right?
RAW Palette is just plainly better, some auto-border can be good when you limit it. nuff said

I don't like the pillars in the first house on the first picture. And, you missed a wall. Other than that; It looks good, but it's very simple.

I don't like the pillars in the first house on the first picture. And, you missed a wall. Other than that; It looks good, but it's very simple.
Those pillars are to support some sort of balcony, and I didn't miss a wall (if you mean that house, behind the stairs on the first picture), it's on purpose. Thanks anyway.

Do you need pillars inside of a house? If you're using pillars to support a balcony, they're usually outside the houses lol. And the missing wall just looks weird.

This is what I mean :eek:, it's not a balcony outside a house... (that's why I said 'some sort of':p)
screenshot_2011-09-28-17-36-48.png

See? ;o

Last edited:
Back