• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Mass Kicks/Quick reconnects

Bling Bling

Graphic Desighner/ProjectRL
Reaction score
Problem
I've been having an ongoing issue with mass server kicks with some or all players at once.. I have done research and nothing of this exact nature has been addressed or explained just claims of DDOS attacks.
I also ran an WinMTR test and found no loss of packets.

The Kick Explained
Player Kicks Characteristics consist of a quick disconnect (actually logging off game world) without lag before or after the matter with an instant reconnect to game the seemingly lag free game world, These kicks are completely random and happens to anyone regardless of region.

Server Info
10.96 map 121 MB
TFS 1.2
------------------------
Host info
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Ram: 9.00 GB
Processor: Intel (R) Xeon
SSD hard drive size: 10 GB
CPU cores: 4
-------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know what you guys think im a little stumped
Thanks
Bling

Hello,

Have you done any modifications to your TFS 1.2 core by you or your programmers ?
I do not see it fully clear, but after answering my question above, are you sure you aren't being attacked by some DDoS?

Hello,

Have you done any modifications to your TFS 1.2 core by you or your programmers ?
I do not see it fully clear, but after answering my question above, are you sure you aren't being attacked by some DDoS?

No i have not made any modifications in source, Im pretty sure it isn't an attack its been happening for months.

stop to read in:
Host info
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Whats wrong with it

https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/2cc16851e69d9dd9ad8a80c9add3312de9d2d890

It has been updated since 1 day. (But as he said "Im pretty sure it isn't an attack its been happening for months.", I doubt he is using the one from github)
I haven't personally made any changes in source, Ill recompile with latest revisions to eliminate this factor.

Whats wrong with it

I haven't personally made any changes in source, Ill recompile with latest revisions to eliminate this factor.
well to have no problems the hosts need be LINUX, the stability is extreme noticeable... windows loads and waste alots of memory ram with background process then one time it affect the performance of the server

well to have no problems the hosts need be LINUX, the stability is extreme noticeable... windows loads and waste alots of memory ram with background process then one time it affect the performance of the server
Im aware that Linux uses less memory and is more lite weight, but i believe there is a problem and i want to fix it. id definitely consider Linux in the future but right now i have a lot on my plate.

PS: Ran with clean Nightly Build source, problem is Still occurring.

So it looks like the kickIdlePlayerAfterMinutes function is kicking players regardless of battle of conditions, PZ locked or in battle.
I've come to this conclusion by setting the Kick Idle time super low and watched as it kicked players in battle.

So it looks like the kickIdlePlayerAfterMinutes function is kicking players regardless of battle of conditions, PZ locked or in battle.
I've come to this conclusion by setting the Kick Idle time super low and watched as it kicked players in battle.

I knew it, but fucking shit I'm so busy these last days with work, that's why I asked you if even GMs got kicked and you said yes, I remember OTs did not kick idle GMs :p

I knew it, but fucking shit I'm so busy these last days with work, that's why I asked you if even GMs got kicked and you said yes, I remember OTs did not kick idle GMs :p
Yeah lol, Now im in the process of figuring out how this is even happening since is happening with both "modified sources" and lastest nightly builds

Back