• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Max lenght writeables

Exoltes

Novia OTserv Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on a 8.54 Open Tibia Server using The Forgotten Server - Version 0.2.7 (Mystic Spirit).

I've been working on some textos to place into my server and I just realised that there are limitations to the books and text scripts etc.

So I wondered if someone knows how much characters can be put in a book and also if it's a different size for different writeables and if so does anyone know if there is a list of these amounts to be found here on otLand or somewhere inside the server?

Thanks in advance.

Actually it is limited by the OTBM format, if it is. Probably there is no limit as it stores the length of the text and you are supposed to be able to write books.

I found that my server stopped crashing once I put the amount of characters below 4100.
So the actual limit appears to be 4099 characters.

I did this after removing
<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="2000"/>
in the item.xml file in both my server and my map editor.

Maybe the limit can be set higher when making changes into the OTBM files. I didn't check this because my map editor starts crashing once I edit its OTBM file. And on second hand 4k characters seem to suffice.

Last edited:
Back