• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Maybe add back the old fashin Rep point system?

rep is both good and bad..
adding rep system is like rolling a dice what the outcome will be.

But rep can never say how trustworthy a person is, someone with 5k posts with 0 rep, might be the most trustworthy you can find, while the guy having 10k post and as much rep you could possible get, is the guy that became Gm in your OT and started to crash the game by giving out millions of items :)

Those games who use rep, those who have the highest rep, is normally the badest ones.

Imagine a group of 20 people decided to team up make each other having huge rep? they would add rep to each other, as their rep rises, they'll give more rep every time...

rep is both good and bad..
adding rep system is like rolling a dice what the outcome will be.

But rep can never say how trustworthy a person is, someone with 5k posts with 0 rep, might be the most trustworthy you can find, while the guy having 10k post and as much rep you could possible get, is the guy that became Gm in your OT and started to crash the game by giving out millions of items :)

Those games who use rep, those who have the highest rep, is normally the badest ones.

Imagine a group of 20 people decided to team up make each other having huge rep? they would add rep to each other, as their rep rises, they'll give more rep every time...
Rep, make you feel good when you recived after a good cause. Let people spam eachother, its not like they are winning award or something :p
I would love to get like a rep, after my scripts. To keep me fueled :)

Why having a Rep System when we have the like button?
You know how influential is someone by looking at the likes he/she has received. Influential doesn't mean Good.
D7pc0x7.png

In the past, we had a reputation system that allowed the users to add bad or good reputation to the ones that desserved it. This went out of control when people started to give bad reputation to good users and good reputation to bad users, so we took out the bad reputation and it became pointless.
Just as before. Rep, and likes, won't mean that you'll be better than others, or more helpful, clever, trustworthy, etc. People in the old forum got rep because they were clowns, and they were good being trolls, this will happen again (doesn't matter how many people we ban) and rep system will be pointless.

So, if you still want to add this you'll have to say something more than just "rep feels good", we won't add something that'll fill the lack of attention of every user in this forum. By this I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about spammers, trolls and those that wants to be famous and get a crown for being clowns.
I don't have anything against being acknowledged as I think we all were born for this. But I don't like people that cry for reputation.

I see your point. I can agree about the part of people abuse the rep. But sincr otland changed forum engine, it had been so little activity and im just tryinh figure out why. I dont think its the layout, even tho the new forum engine works and looks better.
So i thougt bcz og the lack of features the new forum dont have.

But thank you for reading the post.

I see your point. I can agree about the part of people abuse the rep. But sincr otland changed forum engine, it had been so little activity and im just tryinh figure out why. I dont think its the layout, even tho the new forum engine works and looks better.
So i thougt bcz og the lack of features the new forum dont have.

But thank you for reading the post.

I have try to figure out as well why the activity decreased that much after forum changing.
I haven't find any reason yet :(

Back