• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maybe another OT Site?

not speaking as OTLand Moderator (just saying so people don't think I'm playing favorites or defending the forum I'm a mod on)

i don't see how opening another OT forum can help in anything, I've seen plenty of forums opening and then closing because they simply weren't used(TibiaStrike for a recent example)

instead, look for things that the community lacks, one thing that I would love to have is a decent OT list with searchable stuff, you could use some ideas from RateMyServer(basically OTServList and TibiaWiki for Ragnarok Online, all in one, but for this, lets just look at the Servers stuff)

Have "tiers"
  • Low Rate(1~5x)
  • Mid Rate(6~50x)
  • High Rate(51~200x)
  • Super High Rate(201x +)

Have the possibility of having "server tags", and then you can search for servers that fit those tags
  • Real Map (CipSoft Map)
  • Normal Vocations (CipSoft Vocations with no alterations)
  • Teleports (teleport-based map)
  • Custom Vocations (Totally 100% custom vocations)
  • Rebirth (Server has Rebirth System)
  • etc..

I think that having stuff like this would be much more helpful then having another OT forum that will simply fail(not saying its because of u, just looking at previous attempts)
I mean, just look at the epic search page on RateMyServer, its perfect to find the exact server you are looking for, assuming it exists :p

(following the thread btw)

Ratemyserver is a good RO database, best one out there actually, however, we can't compare RO's community with Open Tibia's community, indeed, i mean that the people that plays Open Tibia servers is way too lazy to do such effort, perhaps, maybe someone could prove that i'm wrong.

Ratemyserver is a good RO database, best one out there actually, however, we can't compare RO's community with Open Tibia's community, indeed, i mean that the people that plays Open Tibia servers is way too lazy to do such effort, perhaps, maybe someone could prove that i'm wrong.

I can probably prove you wrong, RO is a bigger brand name and has more people (Asians).

RO is a bigger brand name and has more people (Asians).

I must agree on that one, however, nowdays RO is almost as dead as Tibia, i can't use that as excuse though, ratemyserver is incredibly old, the only way you could prove that i'm wrong would be if you, or anyone else makes and maintain a website like ratemyserver exclusively for Open Tibia, good luck though.

Back