• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Memory allocation failed : couldn't allocate a new input stream

nightmare55555

Crazy Ass *****
Reaction score
Thank you for reading my thread,
the problem as stated is that sometimes when i want to start up the server
the following error shows up and I don't know how to fix it or what exactly causes the
error to appear:
351aft5.png

This error started showing up after I switched over to a MySQL database from a sqlite database
and the server starts up like 15% of the time, else it just shows this error.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the items.xml an groups.xml
and I don't really think that has anything to do with it.

I've already tried searching it on the web and can't find a solution so I hope anyone here can help me.

Extra's:
I'm running a 0.3.6 version server for client 8.60

groups.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<groups>
    <group id="1" name="Player"/>
    <group id="2" name="Tutor" flags="16809984" customFlags="2" access="1" violationReasons="4" nameViolationFlags="2"/>
    <group id="3" name="Senior Tutor" flags="68736352256" customFlags="14" access="2" violationReasons="10" nameViolationFlags="2" statementViolationFlags="63" maxVips="200"/>
    <group id="4" name="Gamemaster" flags="3805908148058" customFlags="257215" access="3" violationReasons="19" nameViolationFlags="10" statementViolationFlags="69" depotLimit="3000" maxVips="300" outfit="75"/>
    <group id="5" name="Community Manager" flags="3840271032314" customFlags="781823" access="4" violationReasons="20" nameViolationFlags="42" statementViolationFlags="213" depotLimit="4000" maxVips="400" outfit="266"/>
    <group id="6" name="God" flags="3844566130680" customFlags="50331647" access="5" violationReasons="20" nameViolationFlags="426" statementViolationFlags="469" depotLimit="5000" maxVips="500" outfit="302"/>
</groups>

Thank you

Last edited:
I just saw now that the items file failed as well, does this happen every time or infrequently?

Is your memory usage full or nearly full?

Ignazio

I just saw now that the items file failed as well, does this happen every time or infrequently?

Is your memory usage full or nearly full?

Ignazio
It happens like 85% of the time
after like 6-10 times it usually works for 1 time
this all started yesterday when I switched to MySQL,
my memory usage is around 45-50% when server is on.

Since its saying memory allocation failed, it sounds like you are running out of RAM.
Tho it sounds weird that you are at 45-50% memory usage when the server is running.
Check the memory consumption when you are starting the server. It might be failing there.

Since its saying memory allocation failed, it sounds like you are running out of RAM.
Tho it sounds weird that you are at 45-50% memory usage when the server is running.
Check the memory consumption when you are starting the server. It might be failing there.
I was thinking that too, though I came to OTLand to get some people to confirm that.
When server is off, my memory usage is around 35-38% because of the mysql and apache processes
When I start the server and the error appears, nothing in memory usage changes.
When I start the server and it does start up, the memory usage goes up to 57% and my disk goes to 99%

if you run windows and the .exe aint compiled for 64 bit you will only run around 4 gb ram i think or was it only 2 gb before it crashes.

Wel, it's kind of fixed now ^^ thank you all,
I just took my Desktop PC that i was going to use for the server when it was done, and reinstalled windows, throwing everything off of it
and now it works like a charm, probably too much processes were running.