• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC Menu doesn't display all subcategories

Crevasse

惡名昭彰
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping this is something stupid that I'm just overlooking, I just setup My AAC on Linux and installed the "tibiarl" template the proper way (using the installer, not copy + paste). The setup went smoothly and I can create characters, access the site externally, etc. but for some reason not all of the side categories are appearing. For example, under the "Library" menu, there is no page for Creatures, Gallery, Spells...yet when I go into my /www/html/system/pages/ I see creatures.php, spells.php...and when I go into the admin console and go to menus -> edit, it looks as though these subcategories should be present. This is a brand new vanilla install of My ACC and the vanilla template tibiarl, downloaded from the official source. Pictures for reference of my admin console -> menus, as well as what is actually displayed when I click "Library:"

Thanks,
1624984791565.png1624984989490.png

Attachments

Are you sure you're editing tibiacom template menus? Maybe you're editing the default one. Delete kathrine directory located in templates and try again or just select the correct.

Yes, I made sure to select "tibiacom" and not "kathrine" when I clicked "menus" in the admin template.

EDIT
shouldn't I be seeing "tibiarl" instead of "tibiacom"? Those are 2 separate templates if I am not mistaken. In my /templates/ folder I see these 3:
1624989820045.png
But in my admin panel I can only choose to edit kathrine or tibiacom, tibiarl is not there:
1624989882349.png
should I just delete everything and start again?

Last edited:
Honestly I don't know why tibiarl template does not show in the list.
Try deleting kathrine, tibiacom and rename tibiarl to tibiacom, lazy solution but it should do the work.
Also, do not forget to add tibiacom template in config.php.

I deleted kathrine and tiabicom and left only tibiarl, now nothing shows up when trying to edit menus from the admin console:
1624992212314.png
But the website still loads with the tibiarl template so it's there somehow but something is screwed up...
Also, do not forget to add tibiacom template in config.php.
Do you mean tibiarl?

I already changed that when I first set everything up:
1624992617576.png

Does config.php exists in your template folder?

It should contain this:

PHP:
<?php
$config['menu_categories'] = array(
    MENU_CATEGORY_NEWS => array('id' => 'news', 'name' => 'Latest News'),
    MENU_CATEGORY_ACCOUNT => array('id' => 'account', 'name' => 'Account'),
    MENU_CATEGORY_COMMUNITY => array('id' => 'community', 'name' => 'Community'),
    MENU_CATEGORY_FORUM => array('id' => 'forum', 'name' => 'Forum'),
    MENU_CATEGORY_LIBRARY => array('id' => 'library', 'name' => 'Library'),
    MENU_CATEGORY_SHOP => array('id' => 'shops', 'name' => 'Shop')
);

tibiarl template doesn't support the dynamic menus. So you can't edit menus in Admin Panel, but you need to edit them manually in the template.php file in the tibiarl folder.

Also remember: tibiacom is not the same as tibiarl

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies slaw and Loney. I ended up just nuking my entire /html/ directory and starting from scratch, I'm just going to use tibiacom for now. I've got a decent amount of experience with basic web development but not enough that I can just instantly understand what's going on, takes me some time to poke around and figure out how everything works together.

Back