• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Message 1: Military Dictatorship of United States

ExpectUs

We Do Not Forgive..
Reaction score
The National Defense Authorization Act (S. 1867, H.R. 1540)
December 5-7th, 2012

Brothers and Sisters of the fellow community of OTLand.net, something terrible has happened. On the late night of December 3rd, 2011, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in the United States. The bill is cleverly designed to make you think it does not apply to U.S. Citizens, however, towards the end of the bill it says that it can apply to Citizens if they want it to. The bill declares the entire U.S. to be a battleground upon which Military Forces can operate on with impunity. Granting the Military the power to arrest, detain, interrogate, and even assassinate U.S. Citizens with impunity. The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of war against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the "legitimate assassination" of U.S. citizens right here on American soil.

Bills:
S. 1867: OpenCongress: S.1876 [93/7]
H.R. 1540: OpenCongress: H.R. 1540 [406/17]

Videos:
[video=youtube;HrXyLrTRXso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXyLrTRXso[/video]

[video=youtube;-QOGl22LEDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QOGl22LEDo[/video]

I have warned you.

I can't believe both senators from my state (Michigan) were the prime supporters of this act.
Anyways, it's most likely going to be vetoed, nothing to worry about. The senators are overreacting on the terrorism issue.
I knew about this when it first came out, while many other of us Americans were too busy watching Dancing with the Stars or following the Kardashians.

If anyone needs a good book to read about this kind of scenario, I recommend George Orwell's 1984, you will not regret reading it.

I can't believe both senators from my state (Michigan) were the prime supporters of this act.
Anyways, it's most likely going to be vetoed, nothing to worry about. The senators are overreacting on the terrorism issue.
I knew about this when it first came out, while many other of us Americans were too busy watching Dancing with the Stars or following the Kardashians.

If anyone needs a good book to read about this kind of scenario, I recommend George Orwell's 1984, you will not regret reading it.

This is the thing that everybody is saying. However, this is still a problem. Let's say the president does veto the bill, what will happen then? Once a bill gets vetoed, it goes back to the congress (In this situation, the creators of the bill.) and if they want to, they can overrule the veto. They then have to have 2/3 of the congress to agree (The first votes were 93-7.), which will happen, look at the scores. Then the bill will be passed. Vetoing the bill will do nothing but extend the waiting period of what is to come about 1-2 months AT MOST. Unlike some bills, this one could be a top priority for the congress, so it could be a matter of days to weeks. Sorry to bust your bubble, but get prepared.

National Defense Authorization Act

If you don't feel like being informed then skip to the TL;DR, either way it basically says how the Army's ability to apply this to U.S. citizens has already been excluded as ruled by the Supreme Court, meaning this thread and OP are misinformed.

You are the one whom is misinformed, my friend. Yes, it does say that U.S. Citizens are excluded, but towards the end of the bill, it says that they can suspect a Citizen as a terrorist if they want to. Let's see some messages.

Section 1032: Requirement for Military Custody: 1. You must be a suspected member of Al-Qaeda... Suspected though, could be anybody, so they can detain anybody. Listen to this from a senator, and it will change your mind. This law, and H.R. 1540 does count for U.S. Citizens as well as Lawful Residential Aliens. After it says, "Makes such requirement inapplicable to U.S. citizens..." Meaning that the requirement for being in al qaeda DOESNT apply, they can detain you if they want to.

[video=youtube;dYbZG1guB_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYbZG1guB_g&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
"wooooowww U HAVE OPENED MY EYES"

edit-

ahahahahahah a video from infowars!!!

The only real problem is, that, if this passes, people like the Anonymous Activist can be "Suspected" and removed, most citizens of America live like there is no problem, because if it's not towards them then it is not a problem and even though this is problematic towards the people(Americans) it is more dangerous towards those who protest for said people's Rights!
Remember that it's all about perspective, how you see it, most people will say, "That's good, now the terrorist will get theirs" Somewhere along the lines.

Brothers and Sisters of OTLand.net, it has come to my attention that an elderly couple was arrested on the 5th of December for not following police order. The police stopped the couple walking home and told them to strip naked, they did not of course. They were taken to the city jail for a 4 hour detention. They were released and put back out on the streets at 10:34 PM. The police did not get in trouble for this act.

If that @up is true, I would just say this:

1060666.jpg

Brothers and Sisters of OTLand.net, it has come to my attention that an elderly couple was arrested on the 5th of December for not following police order. The police stopped the couple walking home and told them to strip naked, they did not of course. They were taken to the city jail for a 4 hour detention. They were released and put back out on the streets at 10:34 PM. The police did not get in trouble for this act.

Yep, and I got a purple pony for Christmas.

what other conspiracies are you into? the lizard people perhaps?

If you seriously think that there's nothing wrong with a law that lets the government detain you indefinitely without any evidence or trial, you have a screw or two loose in your head.

The OP could do a favor to the fight for civil liberties and drop the Anonymous BS.

If you seriously think that there's nothing wrong with a law that lets the government detain you indefinitely without any evidence or trial, you have a screw or two loose in your head.

The OP could do a favor to the fight for civil liberties and drop the Anonymous BS.

saw an opportunity to make a couple of people laugh, took it. it doesn't necessarily reflect my own opinion. relax

Back
Top Bottom