• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Middle Earth 8.6/10.98 mixed map.

MiddleServer

Reaction score
hi guys:
I just want to hear opinions about a map that I have been doing. First I want you to know, that even I have worked a lot in this map, I am no mapper and I dont have a lot of free time. I started from nothing with a 8.6 map editor and then mixed the map with a 10.98 server and client. I dont know much about creating sprites, so I tried to build an fairly accurate map of middle earth with only tibia normal sprites.
Soo I have a map of aprox 600x1800 sqm, with many locations of middle earth, that only readers of more than the usual books should know. Some distances dont match exactly, but its pretty proportional. Although the size of the towns and the distance between important places have been adapted to the size of a tibia map. Some places like ruins have been invented by me, but with some relation with the Lotr world.
About monsters, I have tried to use only monster that have some sense to be in middle earth, but not all are accurate and I had to add more monster that some places will actually have, like skeletons in barrow downs.
My main question is: Do you think that is interesting to explore a Middle Earth map, that have a good lvl of detail, but have been build by normal tibia sprites?

Here you may find more details: Middle Server (http://middleserver.blogspot.com)

Last edited:
Middle Earth maps and servers have been popping up every now and then but no one has actually finished the projects!

It would be amazing to see a finished middle earth map ofc!
Keep on going with the project mate! I Will follow the development for sure

Thanks man, I want all to know that this project will keep going on. But Im busy with other problems (Life jajaja) for the moment, so it is in stand by for al least a month more. The biggest problem I have to solve about the server is the account and character creation. So if someone have and example of account manager, It will be very useful. I tried one script and didn't work, so I'm looking for more options, but I will work on this later on.

Oh hello,

Good to see that Middle-earth OT's are still in the making (although indeed never finished)
I myself am a huge fan, it is one of the reasons why I wanted to dive into the depths of OT's all these years ago so I could make the world of Middle-earth in a Tibia engine.

Curently I am only writing lore/quests/storylines etc..
I worked previously on LINK that was from 2013 haha after that I just went to do some serious OT's like CM on Hexera and Masteria etc.

Since this is a huge project no matter how your perspective is, it is very demotivating to do this alone or even with a small team although it will be the best method cause you can make it perfect.

I have this view that I first want to create The Shire, from there we add a main storyline, loads of sidequests and hidden chests in dungeons, leveling will be adjusted to the area you are in, see it as Borderlands/Wow leveling, you can over-level your area but it will take some grinding.
Aswell as playing in ACTS. The Shire will be the rookgaard area till level 30~ from there your adventure starts, going to places like Rivendell/Moria/Erabor/Minas Tirith/all places inbetween and ofcourse dungeons.

When The Shire is finished i already want to put it online (with no marketing) so i can let friends play and with provided feedback we can work on the second act etc, see the rest of the Middle Earth world as expensions since it's 1. a huge freakin world 2. you want to be the person to do this perfect, and a project on this magnitude will never go online if you wait for it to be fully finished.

Anyway I just write without thinking, you can msg me on discord or here and perhaps we can share idea's maybe work something out. I have a few others that might be interested aswell.

Oh hello,

Good to see that Middle-earth OT's are still in the making (although indeed never finished)
I myself am a huge fan, it is one of the reasons why I wanted to dive into the depths of OT's all these years ago so I could make the world of Middle-earth in a Tibia engine.

Curently I am only writing lore/quests/storylines etc..
I worked previously on LINK that was from 2013 haha after that I just went to do some serious OT's like CM on Hexera and Masteria etc.

Since this is a huge project no matter how your perspective is, it is very demotivating to do this alone or even with a small team although it will be the best method cause you can make it perfect.

I have this view that I first want to create The Shire, from there we add a main storyline, loads of sidequests and hidden chests in dungeons, leveling will be adjusted to the area you are in, see it as Borderlands/Wow leveling, you can over-level your area but it will take some grinding.
Aswell as playing in ACTS. The Shire will be the rookgaard area till level 30~ from there your adventure starts, going to places like Rivendell/Moria/Erabor/Minas Tirith/all places inbetween and ofcourse dungeons.

When The Shire is finished i already want to put it online (with no marketing) so i can let friends play and with provided feedback we can work on the second act etc, see the rest of the Middle Earth world as expensions since it's 1. a huge freakin world 2. you want to be the person to do this perfect, and a project on this magnitude will never go online if you wait for it to be fully finished.

Anyway I just write without thinking, you can msg me on discord or here and perhaps we can share idea's maybe work something out. I have a few others that might be interested aswell.
i really want to see how it works... this leveling based on games like Wow.

Hi guys. I haven't been working much, because I have a lot of work on my life. But I want to share a part of my map to anyone there looking for Lord of the Ring Servers. Still looking for opinions!
fornost show.jpg

I grew up watching lotr and playing medieval games and i just loved your maps and the ideas you brought up.

Back