• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Migrating Server to a different PC (can't connect)

Garfelt

Reaction score
I have a server up and running but I realized too late I don't want it running on my primary pc. I have a brand new laptop that I set the server up on, and it's running fine, but my other pc's can't connect.
I have a website pointing to my global ip, host file points the website to my local ip.
Website is in the config.lua to connect to. All ports are open.
Could this be a port issue? I have the same ports open on two pc's. The one that is currently hosting the server is completely offline. Would it still have an issue with the ports if only one was online?
Sorry, if these are ignorant questions. I'm in a little over my head with this networking stuff.

You cannot have a port open for multiple internal IP addresses. Check your router settings and make sure ONLY the laptop one is existing.
Well, you can but that makes no sense as the incoming packet gets redirected to the first IP address.

Back