• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Minimum server system requirements

GH0ST3R

Tormentor
Reaction score
So I would like to know what sort of pc specs I'd need to run let's say... 150 people online for arguments sake.

I'm looking at a quad 1.8ghz system with 8gb of ram.

I know all you need is a toaster powered by a potato to run a client to play, but a system for a server is what I'm after.

Cheers!

Back in the days I successfully run an OT server with a 0.5Ghz CPU and 256MB of RAM in an VPS. Minimum server system requirements (specs) depends completely on what you run on the server. The size of the map will affect RAM usage alot, Lua scripts (along with players) will affect the CPU usage.

The server is not very good at scaling to multiple cores, so fewer stronger CPU cores is better than many smaller ones.
Higher experience rate/damage formulas/math calculations = more CPU usage.

Back in the days I successfully run an OT server with a 0.5Ghz CPU and 256MB of RAM in an VPS. Minimum server system requirements (specs) depends completely on what you run on the server. The size of the map will affect RAM usage alot, Lua scripts (along with players) will affect the CPU usage.

The server is not very good at scaling to multiple cores, so fewer stronger CPU cores is better than many smaller ones.
Higher experience rate/damage formulas/math calculations = more CPU usage.
So Ram dont makes big different for players ? I thought if u have more ram that you can have more players playing without lag. but anyway you can't take less ram with better specifications or more ram with less specifications.

Well I'm probably going to need the RAM. it's a 10000x10000 map I'll be running with allot of detail on it. 4 large citys, with I'd say 100 houses per city, not including the smaller ones. probably about 500 spawns averaging about 60 monsters per spawn area/dungeon not including travel distance monsters.

Im not sure if a quad CPU at 1.2 self clocking to 2.2 will cut it. Hence why I'm checking for imput.

Depends on the server/map really.
Well I'm probably going to need the RAM. it's a 10000x10000 map I'll be running with allot of detail on it. 4 large citys, with I'd say 100 houses per city, not including the smaller ones. probably about 500 spawns averaging about 60 monsters per spawn area/dungeon not including travel distance monsters.

Im not sure if a quad CPU at 1.2 self clocking to 2.2 will cut it. Hence why I'm checking for imput.

Whats the actual file size of your map.otbm.

Should be a bit less than a gig I think by the time I'm done

Ciposoft tibia map is about 100MB and uses 3-4GB RAM.

So if your map is 10 times bigger you can consider ram usage also bigger. So you might be just fine with a 32GB box. I don't think this ever has been tried in the OT industry, so for all we know everything might just crash.

For the shake of testing I tried loading a bigger map by just cloning my map in RME and it will crash/hang with anything over 250-300mb.

At 250mb server used 5.5gb RAM and took 12 secs to load (SSD)

Id like to think my level of detail kick cibsofts out the door, but im not going to do that. I only have one of my big citys made, 4 spawns, and a few small towns made and its already at 200+mb, so im just asuming it will be a bit less than 1gb by the time im done.

Looks like ill need to build a real rig to run the damn thing tho... bummer

Id like to think my level of detail kick cibsofts out the door, but im not going to do that. I only have one of my big citys made, 4 spawns, and a few small towns made and its already at 200+mb, so im just asuming it will be a bit less than 1gb by the time im done.

Looks like ill need to build a real rig to run the damn thing tho... bummer

Are you sure you are not confusing gb with mb? xD Unless that city is New York, a normal Tibia city shouldn't take more than 5-10mb.

Im sure. Its about 3 months worth of work for one city. Mixing spawns and houses together with higher levels of detail like small lamps, banners, tile coverings, borders, decorations, hangables, quest doors, npc's vegitation, and its 3 layers below ground, and 5 above all packed with the same level of detail. More on the lower levels because of the sewer spawns, but you get the point. So far ive only used about 500x1000 of space, so its pretty narly.

Im sure. Its about 3 months worth of work for one city. Mixing spawns and houses together with higher levels of detail like small lamps, banners, tile coverings, borders, decorations, hangables, quest doors, npc's vegitation, and its 3 layers below ground, and 5 above all packed with the same level of detail. More on the lower levels because of the sewer spawns, but you get the point. So far ive only used about 500x1000 of space, so its pretty narly.

Now I want to see that :O

Back