• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Misq011] Mapping Thread!

SWAPM-TRO_hswephn.PNG

Nice! I like that one, it reflect the RPG of being a low level =)
And how fun it can be :)

reminds me a bit of deeper ice islands, the lava passage =P
But nice work! :)

Gate - not owned ;/
gate_hssxepa.PNG

I like it, it's really nice!
a tip about your screens, save them sa "jpg", it's a lot smaller and will load a lot faster.
Jpg is 41% smaller then Png.

Keep that in mind =)

All mappers save pictures in png. Is looking better than jpg.
PS: Sorry for my bad english ;o

All mappers save pictures in png. Is looking better than jpg.
PS: Sorry for my bad english ;o

Png is a better picture yeah.. but not visible for human eyes, Unless to flipp with the sizes often or edit the screens from time to time...

JPG - PNG, Same picture, saved in Different formats, you see any difference?
knighta.jpg
-
knightkm.png

=)

Edit, those pictures was for my website, some info shit xD

Look at leather armor, backpack, shortsword (biggest difference). Also, the items in PNG are sharper, the color contrast is better.

Look at leather armor, backpack, shortsword (biggest difference). Also, the items in PNG are sharper, the color contrast is better.

Jpg is the one that make the colors play out with each other, sharp lines look more friendly to the background.
Png is the "real time picture", save the picture exactly as you had it, so you can open it and edit it whenever you want without having the "colors playout" making it impossible to edit with color fillers etc.

The difference on a showoff picture with Png/Jpg is so small, and the outcome is so high.
Jpg it lighter, and more people can load it without having to wait and so on.
I never use Png for public, when I'm serving someone, I want to give them speed rather than 0,5% nicer look.

Just saying.

So you say you have such a slow computer, you can't view a png image?

PNG is bigger, they are... But srsly, how much bigger? -.-

So you say you have such a slow computer, you can't view a png image?

PNG is bigger, they are... But srsly, how much bigger? -.-

41% bigger(Almost double size), and this is not about me, this about the general people that like to view the things.
How often don't you hear people complain about how slow some pictures load? specially PNG that's served by etc Imageshack.
And when the difference is so small, and the load speed so much faster, I'd chose Jpg.

If it take a Image site 10 seconds to give you a picture, I think you'd be greatfull if you could cut off 4 of those seconds.

I'd say, get a new computer, or better internet. Jesus christ.

Back