• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Module Idea] OTClient Register Through Client

Otfan125

Solutions
Reaction score
This may or may not be the appropriate location for this question; if it turns out it is not, someone please point me to the proper location to post this.

The idea is to have an account maker using modules in OTClient at the login screen, where you can register with your email, make characters, etc...
I have not seen any thread on this idea, is it not possible ? If it is possible, what are the risks that may have withdrawn people from creating such a module?

Thanks

everything is possible with the right knowledge (in IT) :D if I'm not mistaken, Ranger's Arcani from @Kuzyn had it when I played

I think it's mainly that there's either no clear separation of concerns in the server side (i.e game server vs login vs a 'management service'), and thus, there is no clear standard to follow. Then there's the whole problem of the documentation side... the entire project is pretty much lacking comments and it's a giant blob of code, which makes newcomers fail miserably at implementing such things cleanly.

On the opposite side, in the web-page/acc creators, you're clearly only managing things and persisting directly to the DB.

Account creation I would avoid, character creation in game on the other hand is more appealing than on the website.
Very possible, not that hard to accomplish either, I have done this already, you don't even have to edit OTC sources.
1596971479704.png

Tip: ProtocolLogin.lua from modules/gamelib, make a copy, change code and then adjust server source code to accept this protocol.

Last edited:
Crazy to still see you active on here oen432, i havent been on her in a minute, totally off topic sorry, saw your name tho and had to comment lol

Account creation I would avoid, character creation in game on the other hand is more appealing than on the website.
Very possible, not that hard to accomplish either, I have done this already, you don't even have to edit OTC sources.
View attachment 48283

Tip: ProtocolLogin.lua from modules/gamelib, make a copy, change code and then adjust server source code to accept this protocol.

After thinking about it a little more, I agree that account creation is not a very good idea. Not because of the security reasons (though they are the main reasons why not to it), but for the aesthetic of having the website and forums to the game.

That's a very nice looking module, you're saying its already implemented but needs to be "linked" with the source files? Interesting, thanks for sharing!

This may or may not be the appropriate location for this question; if it turns out it is not, someone please point me to the proper location to post this.

The idea is to have an account maker using modules in OTClient at the login screen, where you can register with your email, make characters, etc...
I have not seen any thread on this idea, is it not possible ? If it is possible, what are the risks that may have withdrawn people from creating such a module?

Thanks
everything is possible with the right knowledge (in IT) :D if I'm not mistaken, Ranger's Arcani from @Kuzyn had it when I played
Yeah, we've got it on RA but for more details on programming side please ask @Oskar1121 The only serious drawback of this system that we're working on is sending password reset request for your players. For now its not possible in our mod.
Some pics:

1597094284363.png

1597094322190.png

1597094350968.png

Back