• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Monster respawn time.

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been trying to increase the respawn time of every monster in my server. I would like to know if there is any other way than going one by one in the map editor.

I found a couple of lines in config.lua but got no luck with them. For some reason, if I set the respawn time in map editor to 10 seconds, monter will respawn in 20 seconds, changing those values in config.lua made no effect (or I couldn't see it)

I tryed with this in config.lua

rateSpawnMin = 1
rateSpawnMax = 1

-- Spawns
minRateSpawn = 1
maxRateSpawn = 3

Probably won't fix it all right away, but should change most of it, it just depends on the variety of different spawntimes.

Open your spawn file in a Notepad++.
Press CTRL+H.
In "Find what:", put spawntime="A"
In "Replace with:", put spawntime="B"
It should replace all spawntimes with time A with time B.

Probably won't fix it all right away, but should change most of it, it just depends on the variety of different spawntimes.

Open your spawn file in a Notepad++.
Press CTRL+H.
In "Find what:", put spawntime="A"
In "Replace with:", put spawntime="B"
It should replace all spawntimes with time A with time B.

Thank you very much, I didn't realize I could do that. Stupid me.

use regex if times are too different
sorry for necropost but posting this just in case someone needs it (as I just did):

search for:
spawntime="[\d]+"

replace with:
spawntime="90"

IMPORTANT NOTE: don't forget to select the Regular Expression Search Mode

it will default EVERY monster in the file to the value you chose, doesn't matter what value it was

Back