• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ monster spawn

zinera

Banned User
Reaction score
i need a script and i think i need a way to spawn monsters on the map so that if set a monster down while in game it will respawn when i kill it. tfs 1.3

bump

no one no?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP basically wants a talkaction that creates a temporary monster spawner in-game.
Or as far as I can tell.

You need a monster that appear everytime he is killed?...
yes
OP basically wants a talkaction that creates a temporary monster spawner in-game.
Or as far as I can tell.
no i want monster i set on map and it spawn agan when i kill it... oke i say so u undastan me

I want someone to write me a piece of c++ code which modifies the behavior of spawns in the sources so that if I set a creature down on the map while in the game it will respawn after 60 seconds (the default respawn time)... god does anyone on this forum understand english?

I think you want an action/talkaction to create SPAWN like rme spawn to summon monster, but if you use /m, /s, the monster just dissapear once he was killed
and the stuff you need is to create a spawn, that create a monster and then the monster appear, and appear, and appear on the position you selected. no?
I can not make that, I do not know anything about C++, I hope to extract more clear information to other ppl.

I think you want an action/talkaction to create SPAWN like rme spawn to summon monster, but if you use /m, /s, the monster just dissapear once he was killed
and the stuff you need is to create a spawn, that create a monster and then the monster appear, and appear, and appear on the position you selected. no?
I can not make that, I do not know anything about C++, I hope to extract more clear information to other ppl.
No i know what I want but you & your primitive intellect can't seem to understand a well thought out concept. So i approached the topic using a language which was more your speed in the hopes of you understanding, unfortunately I guess you only understand you're own drivel.

god does anyone on this forum understand english?

28136d1463520074t-annoying-sparkles-54681198.jpg

C++:
put_monster_on_map
if kill monster
respawn monster
if not kill monster
do not respawn monster
if kill monster_friend
respawn monster_friend
if not kill monster_friend
do not respawn monster_friend
if kill monster_father
respawn monster_father
if not kill monster_father
do not respawn monster_father
etc

Last edited:
C++:
put_monster_on_map
if kill monster
respawn monster
if not kill monster
do not respawn monster
if kill monster_friend
respawn monster_friend
if not kill monster_friend
do not respawn monster_friend
if kill monster_father
respawn monster_father
if not kill monster_father
do not respawn monster_father
Wowee! You really don't know shit about C++

Well I'm pretty sure you're the primitive one if you can't really explain it.
"I set a creature down on the map while in the game it will respawn after 60 second"
lel, "set a creature down" as in /m demon? or how do you expect to "set a creature down (does that even make sense?)"?

yes that stuff is too difficult for me to understnd

i only assembler
Yea sure you do keep kidding yourself
Well I'm pretty sure you're the primitive one if you can't really explain it.
"I set a creature down on the map while in the game it will respawn after 60 second"
lel, "set a creature down" as in /m demon? or how do you expect to "set a creature down (does that even make sense?)"?
Yes set down a creature it makes perfect sense.

yes

no i want monster i set on map and it spawn agan when i kill it... oke i say so u undastan me

I want someone to write me a piece of c++ code which modifies the behavior of spawns in the sources so that if I set a creature down on the map while in the game it will respawn after 60 seconds (the default respawn time)... god does anyone on this forum understand english?
First off, your not intelligent or you wouldn't get frustrated when someone doesn't understand your poor explanations.

Secondly, what's the difference between a spawn location being placed on the map via a map editor, and a spawn location being created with a script?
Right. Nothing.
The only difference between my proposed solution of a lua function versus a source edit is that it might be a tiny bit slower.

Thirdly, you cannot 'set a creature down'. That makes no logical sense while in-game. The only place you can 'set a creature down' is in the map editor.
And if your intent is to be able to edit the map and have the changes available within the game-world without restarting.. Well I don't even know what that would require, but it sounds like a huge endeavor for little benefit.

The only excuse I can provide for your apparent lack of polite social engagement is that we are still somehow misunderstanding what you want to happen here.

Oh, and if your understanding of english is insufficient to have us grasp the concept, maybe try some pictures.

Cheers,

Xikini

First off, your not intelligent or you wouldn't get frustrated when someone doesn't understand your poor explanations.

Secondly, what's the difference between a spawn location being placed on the map via a map editor, and a spawn location being created with a script?
Right. Nothing.
The only difference between my proposed solution of a lua function versus a source edit is that it might be a tiny bit slower.

Thirdly, you cannot 'set a creature down'. That makes no logical sense while in-game. The only place you can 'set a creature down' is in the map editor.
And if your intent is to be able to edit the map and have the changes available within the game-world without restarting.. Well I don't even know what that would require, but it sounds like a huge endeavor for little benefit.

The only excuse I can provide for your apparent lack of polite social engagement is that we are still somehow misunderstanding what you want to happen here.

Oh, and if your understanding of english is insufficient to have us grasp the concept, maybe try some pictures.

Cheers,

Xikini
You're right
for you.png

At least you drew me as a panda lol.
Anyway, asking again to make sure.
Everyime you use /m a spawn is created permanently on the game?
If that's the case, you could easily handle the death of the monster with creaturescripts and add the monster to spawn.xml (so it spawn on restart), all with lua.

or if try a creaturescript?

Lua:
function onDeath(creature, corpse, killer, mostDamageKiller, unjustified, mostDamageUnjustified)
    local targetMonster = creature:getMonster()
    if not targetMonster or targetMonster:getMaster() then
        return true
    end
    addEvent(Game.createMonster, 60*1000, 'Primitive Intellect', targetMonster:getPosition(), true, true)
    return true
end
I guess you know how to link monster and creaturescript, regards.

Back