• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monster target priority TFS 1.X

Zombiegod

Solutions
Reaction score
The name kinda explains it.

While adding in a bit a C++ code for neutral monsters(will only attack you if you attack them). I thought it would be cool too have a system where monsters would prioritize players based on level.

how it would work would be.

If you add the bit of code to the monster like

<targetlevel="XXX">

and replace the xxx with the level.

If the player was x% higher then the monsters target level, the monster would be passive, if the player was x% lower level then the target level they would be a low threat so it would only target them if they attacked them.

To let the player know if they were passive, hostile, or neutral, you could use something like a aura, skull, or name system. To do the names it would add one of these based on the aggression. [P], [H], or [N].

Yeah, I would not use the skulls for that. A lot of people use the skulls for signifiers of "elite" versions monsters.

Threat-assessed monster aggro as a great concept, but you'd need additional code. Like, a monster that was recently passive but attacked by a player is likely to attack anyone that comes near it for a while. Maybe even other monsters. 🤔

Yeah, I would not use the skulls for that. A lot of people use the skulls for signifiers of "elite" versions monsters.

Threat-assessed monster aggro as a great concept, but you'd need additional code. Like, a monster that was recently passive but attacked by a player is likely to attack anyone that comes near it for a while. Maybe even other monsters. 🤔

Yea i would probably do the name.

If you did the monster vs monster agro, at least with how i explained the idea, you would need to give monsters levels.(which there is c++ code for that)

and if someone is willing to go that far, might as well let monster gain exp and level up lol, then would get boss monsters out of random monsters.

Add a bit of code in to teleport monsters at a certain level to a certain zone, idk how you would do the loot, probably a global loot table based on level.

something like "if monsterlevel = 100-200 then loot =xxx".

EDIT:

Just gonna say this, if someone did make this entire system, first you would have my eternal gratitude, second you would single handily change the entire direction of my server i am working on

Last edited:
just want to be clear, my request is for the first post, this additional stuff, is that additional.

EDIT: i do not know why this did not auto merge, i apologize.

Back